Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Ip Tracking

More
11 years 4 months ago #1 by Shimei
Ip Tracking was created by Shimei
Hello,

The Ip tracking option is set to off in configurations. However, there are still ip numbers being reported. It appears that very old posts have the ip numbers listed, but kunena is not tracking newer posts. Any idea how I can rid the ip numbers being listed in older posts?

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 300 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 128M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : yoo_catalyst | author: YOOtheme | version: 1.0.6 | creationdate: July 2012

Kunena default template details : Tigra | author: Tigra Team | version: 2.0.1 | creationdate: 2012-08-15

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.3 | 2012-11-24 [ Reconciliation ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: Jomsocial 2.6.2

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Content - Kunena Discuss 2.0.3 | JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Menu 2.0.3 | JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Posts 2.0.3 | JomSocial - Kunena Groups 2.0.3

Modules: Kunena Latest 2.0.2 | Kunena Login 2.0.2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Ip Tracking
Check out if the IP reporting appears with the K 2.0 Blue Eagle template.

Other good ideas: See Kunena Add-ons in the Wiki and read the important note at the top of that page.

More
11 years 4 months ago #3 by Shimei
Replied by Shimei on topic Ip Tracking
I tried the Eagle 2.0 Template, and the older posts still display the ip numbers. This isn't something that is a tremendous burden. If there's a quick fix then that is great, otherwise, this isn't something that really needs addressing.

I thank you for your time though.

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #4 by 7EIRISH
Replied by 7EIRISH on topic Ip Tracking
Are the ip's stored in the database on the new posts or is the value 'NULL' or empty?

Could you update the database table column and remove all ip's by running an SQL query something like:
Code:
ALTER TABLE `PREFIX_kunena_messages` UPDATE `ip` varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL;

PREFIX needs to be changed to your database prefix on your Joomla install. This query should remove all values entered in the 'ip' column of the database and set to default 'NULL'. OR, is the value required in order for the extension to work?

Anyhow that should remove all ip's and not show on the front end whether old or new posts. Haven't tried this so make sure to backup the database.

Cheers!
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by 7EIRISH.

Time to create page: 0.572 seconds