Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Recent Posts - Thank You Towards Me Not Working

More
11 years 7 months ago #1 by jdtoppin
I don't think this menu option is working as intended. Rather than linking to only your individual Thank You's received, it links to all thank you's received on the entire forum.

Is there a fix for this that anyone knows of?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

What option are-you talking about ? In your profile page ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
11 years 7 months ago #3 by jdtoppin
Sorry, no, I'm talking about creating a menu item. Under Recent Posts, there are two options. Thank You's Towards Me and Thank You's Toward Others. In theory and by the description of those titles, you think it would only show the users own Thank You's that you have given others and received from others. Instead, it was showing the entire board.

More
11 years 7 months ago #4 by jdtoppin
Just wondering if this was ever looked into?

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #5 by sozzled
I don't understand the software defect that you're reporting, let alone what kind of problem or question you're asking. Perhaps you might like to illustrate your question with an example. The topic says "thank yous towards me not working". How, specifically is the function that you're trying to describe not working? Please read the important notice at the top of this page. Thank you.
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #6 by jdtoppin
Sure.

If you go to www.stormbluffisle.com/index.php/forum , log in
This message contains confidential information
and then go to the forums dropdown menu and go to Thank You Received menu item it shows all the Thanks from the entire history of the board instead of only showing Thank You Towards Me, which is what the menu item displays in the back end when you create the menu as a Recent Posts item. There is where the drop down is for Thank You Towards ME, yet it is showing Thank You Towards EVERYONE. :(
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Hide the site login details

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #7 by sozzled
Normally I would not visit a website until after I had seen the site configuration report. The configuration report contains a lot more information that may explain why things are not working and whether or not the issue is a K 2.0 support/software defect issue.

In this case

(1) I have not seen before a Joomla menu item type created with the standard installation of K 2.0, labelled "Thank You Received" and, in particular, I do not know how this component view is generated. Your configuration report will provide us with that information.

(2) The Kunena project possesses no understanding of problems associated with third-party/custom Kunena template; the terms of this K 2.0 Support category are clearly stated in the important notice - Please Read This First - that appears at the top of the page. You should note that the developer of the Kunena template that you are using is not affiliated with the Kunena Project and people should always verify that third-party developers acknowledge this fact and the terms regarding the use of the Kunena logo and trademark.

(3) As far as the standard version of K 2.0 is concerned, if you click your username (you must be logged-in for this to work) and then go to the profile tab "Thank You" you will see the topics where you have given thanks and the topics where you have received thanks. This works here, for me.

In summary, I cannot be sure what is the problem here and what is causing the problem. As far as I can tell, the standard version of K 2.0.2 is functioning as it is supposed to be. I do not know what version of Kunena is involved in this case or anything more that can give us a clue why there is a problem and whether this falls within the conditions as set out clearly at the top of this page.
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 7 months ago #8 by jdtoppin

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 400 seconds | Max execution memory: 200M | Max file upload: 20M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : rt_gantry | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 3.2.12 | creationdate: October 30, 2011

Kunena default template details : SD-Aphotic 2.0 | author: SnilloC Designs | version: 2.0 | creationdate: 2012-06-28

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.1 | 2012-07-07 [ Balozi ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: Jomsocial 2.6.2

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

More
11 years 7 months ago #9 by jdtoppin
To clarify, I think the code is working properly as is the menu in terms of what the code has been written to output. That is, the code is written to display "Thank You Towards Me" that shows every users Thank You received instead of the singular user.

However, the wording of the Menu Item and the output of what is displayed is where there is a discrepancy. The menu item (as per the back end) says, "Thank You Towards Me", but the page is outputting thank you towards everyone from the entire forum.

From what I would understand from the text of when I go to create the item, I would expect the page to display only the single user's Thanks Received rather than the entire forum. I hope this makes a bit more sense. I'm expecting it to output one thing and it is outputting another. I don't think this is being affected by any plugin that is installed on my site.

More
11 years 7 months ago #10 by sozzled
Thank you for your configuration report. Now we are getting somewjere. :woohoo: As a reminder to everyone reading this topic, if you want a faster response to issues posted in the K 2.0 Support category, it helps you (as others trying to help you) to post the configuration report.

When you click the "spoiler" located under Kunena menu details you will see the actual targets of those items. I have reproduced this information below:

Kunena menu details:

You will see that the target of "Thank you received" is effectively (ignoring SEO translation of the URL): http://<site-name>/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=topics&layout=posts&mode=thankyou&userid=

If we try the URL here, you will see that it "works" the same way as you have described; because there is no actual userid, the result is that people will see all the "thank you" posts from everyone. However, if you add a valid "userid" to the end, e.g. yours (userid=34274), then you will see that the "changed" URL works as it is supposed to work. The trick, therefore, is how to add a valid userid to this component view. That's the question.

To help us to understand better how you created this component view menu item, could you please describe the steps you followed to set this up, please. This will also help us to figure out who may be able to fix the problem. Thank you.

Time to create page: 0.422 seconds