Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Moving existing post to new topic does not update count

More
11 years 8 months ago #1 by jdtoppin
Hi there,

I'm just wondering if you guys have this issue on Kunena.org

I have a forum that is an access only for registered users. I moved a single post from one thread to a new thread, which worked fine. However, in the category listing page, only one topic is still listed instead of two, since there are now two threads. Any idea what is going on here? I tried creating another new thread by new topic, and it added to the count fine. It just seems to be the moved post to its own topic that isn't updating the count.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
Please read Guide to posting questions when asking for support printed on the Index page of this forum - a copy of the posting guide also appears on the top the the page you are now viewing. The more information you can provide about your circumstances, the better we may be able to help you.

Is seems like you are talking about splitting a topic (moving a single post, taking it from a larger topic, and placing it into its own separate topic). I'm trying to understand what you mean by the word "count" in this topic's subject. There are several possible interpretations of the word "count": the count of the number of replies, the count of the number of views are two possible interpretations.

When you say "only one topic is still listed instead of two", what exactly do you mean? Do you mean when you look at the Recent Topics view or the Index view?

When you split the topic, did you put the post into a different category to the one where the original topic was located, or did you place it in the same category? Did you rename the topic when you split it?

I'm not too sure what we're really discussing here and it would help if you could explain exactly what you did, step by step, so that we can reproduce the conditions and determine if there is a defect in the Kunena component. Thank you. :)
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #3 by jdtoppin
Hi thanks for the reply Sozzled.

I do mean when I look at the Index view. It shows the incorrect Topic/Thread count for that Category.

When I split the topic (only a single post, not multiples), I put it into the original category that it was located in AND renamed it with a different title.

Edit: It looks like no replies from either thread are showing up for that category. The original thread is at 3 pages and the new thread has a few posts, both being in the original category. The count is 1 Topic and 3 Replies. Something is not right.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by jdtoppin.

More
11 years 8 months ago #4 by jdtoppin
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 400 seconds | Max execution memory: 200M | Max file upload: 20M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : rt_gantry | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 3.2.12 | creationdate: October 30, 2011

Kunena default template details : SD-Aphotic 2.0 | author: SnilloC Designs | version: 2.0 | creationdate: 2012-06-28

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.1 | 2012-07-07 [ Balozi ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: Jomsocial 2.6.2

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

More
11 years 8 months ago #5 by sozzled
It may be a problem with K 2.0.1 or it may be a problem with the third-party template you are using. I agree with you. Something is not right but I haven't had time to test this for myself here at www.kunena.org . We may need to report this as a defect in GitHub.

More
11 years 8 months ago #6 by jdtoppin
Thanks, if this gets submitted, can you provide a link so that I can track it.

More
11 years 8 months ago #7 by sozzled
Have you tested to see if this may be template-related? We have implicitly asked, by the existence of this topic, for others to come forward with solid evidence of the existence of a problem. Until someone does that, we will probably have to wait patiently for when someone has time to test this themselves - the testing could take an hour or two. I haven't had time to spare a couple of hours to investigate this matter myself; currently we're involved in some major changes involving the website and that's what I have been using my "spare" time to attend to.

Not much help, I agree, but it's all I can do at the moment. :)

More
11 years 8 months ago #8 by jdtoppin
It is okay, it is not a pressing matter since my board is fairly large. I might install an empty board though and test it myself at some point.

Time to create page: 0.541 seconds