Kunena 5.1.18 Released (30 Jun 2020)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.1.18 [K 5.1.18] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.1 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.1.

× Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Regular users cannot create or reply to topics.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #1 by Bourne
I just upgraded from K1.7 and the install was successful. No errors were given.

There is no "New Topic" button, and inside the posts it says "You cannot reply to this topic". I checked all the forum and user permissions, everything looks in order to work.

Admins and Moderators can post, no problems.
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Bourne.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled
We're having a similar discussion in another topic: see Reply button seems to be missing

I would like you to read the other topic and see the questions I've asked.

From your description, it sound like you have an ACL protection that is stopping your regular users from using your forum. These are some questions for you:

(1) Are all of your "regular" users unable to reply to all topics?

(2) Check with Kunena Category Manager, for each category on your forum, under the permissions tab to see if you disabled access for "regular" users.

(3) Please read the posting guide printed on this page. Without key information, like your configuration report, we're only capable of educated guesswork. From what I can establish, your question is a one-off issue rather than something affecting the entire Kunena forum component but I would like us to be certain about the conditions under which you have this problem. I am assuming that you are using J! 2.5 and that you have made changes to the standard Joomla ACL environment. I think that's the cause of your problem but, as I know nothing else about your site, I'm taking a wild guess.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds