Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Attachment management is not working properly

More
11 years 9 months ago #1 by Charl Laas
Any idea how long this fix will take?

My members are killing me as they can't attached their images for troubleshooting we are doing on our forum.

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Franklin P. Jones
The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
Please describe your question/issue better. In what way, specifically, is "attachment management" not working? Is this a problem that can be reproduced anywhere (e.g. at www.kunena.org ) or only at your website. Can you provide examples that demonstrate the problem?

Can we see your configuration report?

Are you using default K 2.0 Blue Eagle template? What modifications have you made to K 2.0?

In other words, please read the posting guide (printed at the top of this page) because we should not have to ask these questions as our first response. Thank you.
More
11 years 9 months ago #3 by Charl Laas
I did post the issue a couple of days ago under the Kunena 2.0.1 support section. But will do it for you again:

When typing a new post and you want to insert a image by clicking the 'Add File' button, nothing happens. It would appear if the Add File button is a broken link. The issue is true for both my sites running Kunena 2.0.1 (one J2.5 the other J1.5)

READING through the forum this bug appears to be a known issue for about 10 days - see www.kunena.org/forum/K-2-0-Support/12386...a-2-0-1-known-issues .

Hence my question if any bug fixes are available?

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: jos_kunena_searchplga have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field title jos_kunena_searchplga have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field text jos_kunena_searchplga have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field section jos_kunena_searchplga have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field href jos_kunena_searchplga have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field created jos_kunena_searchplga have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field keywords

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 90 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 200M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : yoo_cloud | author: YOOtheme | version: 1.0.7 | creationdate: July 2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.1 | creationdate: 2012-07-07

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.1 | 2012-07-07 [ Balozi ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: Jomsocial 2.6.1

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Content - Kunena Discuss 2.0.1 | JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Menu 2.0.1 | JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Posts 2.0.1 | JomSocial - Kunena Groups 2.0.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 2.0.1 | Kunena Login 2.0.1 | Kunena Search 2.0.1

As well as

Database collation check: jos_kunena_searchplga have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field title jos_kunena_searchplga have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field text jos_kunena_searchplga have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field section jos_kunena_searchplga have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field href jos_kunena_searchplga have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field created jos_kunena_searchplga have wrong collation of type latin1_swedish_ci on field keywords

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 90 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 200M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : yoo_neo | author: YOOtheme | version: 5.5.24 | creationdate: June 2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.1 | creationdate: 2012-07-07

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.1 | 2012-07-07 [ Balozi ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: Jomsocial 2.6.1

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 1.7.0 | Content - Kunena Discuss 2.0.1 | JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Menu 2.0.1 | JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Posts 2.0.1 | JomSocial - Kunena Groups 2.0.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 2.0.1 | Kunena Search 2.0.1

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Franklin P. Jones
More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #4 by Charl Laas
I have identified the problem.

It is a conflict between Kunena and the Yootheme templates. Changing the template to a Joomla default template solves the problem and the 'Add File' button works normally.

Enabling the Yootheme template again and the problem returns.

Now if I can only get Kunena and Yootheme to play nice together!

Franklin P. Jones
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Charl Laas.
More
11 years 9 months ago #5 by sozzled

Charl Laas wrote: I have identified the problem.

It is a conflict between Kunena and the Yootheme templates. Changing the template to a Joomla default template solves the problem and the 'Add File' button works normally.

Enabling the Yootheme template again and the problem returns.

Now if I can only get Kunena and Yootheme to play nice together!

I wonder how many countless times we have written that 95% of these Javascript-related problems are caused by badly-designed Joomla extensions that clobber Joomla's Mootools libraries? How many times have we referred to "which came first: the template or the forum?" How many times we have tried to help people by redirecting them to the Wiki articles that explain the situation? :pinch:

In spite of how many times we have tried to bring together these issue, and state the same thing consistently - that the answer is in msg #1 of either If you are having problems with Kunena, please read this first (in the case of K 1.7) or Before you post your question, read this first , people still create separate topics to ask the same questions repeatedly.

Charl Lass: You asked a question on this subject before and I merged it into the topic Before you post your question, read this first . That's where this issue belongs. You then created this new topic and posted it in the K 2.0 Support category. As good as my memory is, I failed to connect the two issues - I thought you were discussing something different - and that I why I asked you about what, specifically, was this new problem called "attachment management". Now we have discovered that there's nothing "new" here; this topic is a continuation of the same discussion about the "Add File" button when you want to attach something to a message you are trying to post in your forum. Please, in future when you ask a question in the forum, can we try to keep the focus on that question in the place where you asked it? Thank you. B)

This problem you were having is not a Kunena problem. It's not even a Joomla problem. The problem is a Yootheme template problem. Talk to the Yootheme template people.

*** Topic locked by moderator ***
Time to create page: 0.549 seconds