Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged BackEnd Category Manager order disappears

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #1 by MarcePCsolution
Good day:

Joomla version: 2.5.6 (UK English + Spanish)
Kunena version: 2.0.1 (UK English + Spanish)
Total of categories: 34

Just log into the backend, I can see the controls to ordering the categories:

Any thing I try to do, icons disappear and I cannot order the categories:

Configuration Report (txt):

File Attachment:

File Name: KunenaConf...rt01.txt
File Size:11 KB

Thanks in advance any help... because I'm desperate... :sick:
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by MarcePCsolution.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
Thank you very much for your message. I have been intending for a while to report this issue as a defect in Github (because it affects everyone). It's not very easy to use the category reordering feature at the moment.

Recently, when I moved all the categories around on this website, I, too, had the same problem.

The only way I found I could work around the problem was to click the "reorder" link at the top of the column twice, and then use the "move down" (arrow) to move a category down the list; the "move up" does not always work properly and trying to type a number does not work at all.

I have reported this on Github ( github.com/Kunena/Kunena-2.0/issues/984 )
The following user(s) said Thank You: MarcePCsolution

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #3 by MarcePCsolution
Thanks a lot your very fast reply. Your description about these behaviors is accurate.

In fact I have just apply this solution and I can reorder my few categories.

:whistle: Since you are so amabale, I want to ask how I can move a thread/topic to another SECTION (not to other category in the same section), and..

..if there is any way to recover a "definitely deleted" post.

Thanks again, and Kind Regards from Argentina :)
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by MarcePCsolution.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #4 by sozzled
Different question (about moving categories) and, therefore, should be a separate topic for that question.

See Sections, Categories, sub-Categories (Part 1) in the Wiki. You cannot post in a section. Therefore, if you have topics in a category and you want to turn it into a section then you may have a problem doing that. Let's discuss that question separately. ;)
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MarcePCsolution

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #5 by MarioMari
Reorder by clicking on the icon "Move Up / Down" works when several times click the icon "Reorder" which turns on and off display of icons sort. After several attempts Reorder starts.

You can also try to unlock the other can move the order of the category or section. Click first on the order of the first category or section by sliding it down. Then change the order is as if unlocked and can be moved and "up" and "down".

P.S.
In my opinion, completely thrown him out the "Reorder" and hide icons move. Reorder icons should be visible at all times.

Please think about it. So it is now. Manually change the numbers is a big hassle:

In my opinion, better when it's like in Joomla categories

It also draws attention to the problem of duplicate category names in different sections.

Now, adding to the section of the new category with the same name and alias in another section as an error.
According to me, this situation only interfere with the administrator's Foum and causes confusion. A common situation is where the category names are repeated in different sections. Then the path is correct and there is no error.

Error arises when one section I want to put two of the same categories with the same alias or name.

According mmnie warning about duplicate category names should appear only at the time when I want to transfer it, or create the same category in the same section.

* Subject associated with this application:
www.kunena.org/forum/119-Feature-Request...-actions-to-selected

Joomla 2.5.8, and 3.0 K.2.0.3, default Chrome
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by MarioMari.

More
11 years 9 months ago #6 by sozzled
There is a defect in K 2.0.0 and K 2.0.1 and the development team members are trying to fix the problem. Thank you for your suggestions. I am sure that your ideas will be considered at the appropriate time. :)

More
11 years 9 months ago #7 by MarioMari
:P

Joomla 2.5.8, and 3.0 K.2.0.3, default Chrome

More
11 years 8 months ago #8 by nickza
hello

I cannot re-order categories in Kunena.
I am using the latest Kunena 2.0.1 on Joomla 1.5.26

When i enter the numbers in the order blocks and click on the disk at the top of that coloum, nothing happens. The screen reloads, but the orders are the same.

Same as when the arrows do actually show (i dont know why they dont all the time), and i click the up arrow, or down arrow, the screen reloads, but nothing happens.

Thanks in advanced.

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #9 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

We are aware of the problem. Please read this topic which describes how to work around the problem. I hope this helps.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #10 by NEFanClub
I am using the latest version and I have recently installed.

When in the ACP and I go into the Category Manager I created new categories but they will not reorder. I cannot find this under "known' issues as far as I could see.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by NEFanClub.

Time to create page: 0.386 seconds