Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged Duplicate root folder in email URL

More
11 years 9 months ago #1 by botchera
Hi,

Whenever an email is sent to any subscribed user notifying them of a new post, the root folder is duplicated in the URL in the email - eg. www.mysite.com/forum/forum/suggestion-box/3-suggestions/16 - the root folder "forum" is rendered twice. I cannot seem to find any way to stop/amend or redirect this. Please advise if you can offer any help on where and how this is generated!

Many thanks,

Andy

config as follows

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : itug1 | author: Andy Botcher | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 2012-07-04

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.0 | creationdate: 2012-06-27

Kunena version detailled: Kunena 2.0.0 | 2012-06-27 [ Diplomatia ]
| Kunena detailled configuration:

| Joomla! detailled language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #2 by rdelia
Hi botchera,

I had your very same problem...

looked into file

<joomlaroot>/administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/forum/message/message.php

and replaced line:

$url = JURI::root().trim($this->getPermaUrl(null), '/');

with lines:

$u = JURI::getInstance(JURI::root());
$url = $u->getScheme()."://".$u->getHost()."/".trim($this->getPermaUrl(null), '/');

Hope this help!

Raffaele
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by rdelia.
The following user(s) said Thank You: botchera

More
11 years 9 months ago #3 by botchera
This worked perfectly!! Many thanks for the time you spent replying - I was getting nowhere fast with this. :cheer:

Andy

More
11 years 9 months ago #4 by Matias
Have you guys installed Joomla into a subfolder? I would like to find out how to reproduce the issue as I'm not able to do that in my setups.

More
11 years 9 months ago #5 by botchera
Hi Matias,

You are exactly right - I have installed Joomla into a subfolder under my main domain, so the URL of the homepage is in the format www.domain.com/subdomain . The site is separate from my main domain though and I would need to keep it that way.

Thanks,

Andy

More
11 years 9 months ago #6 by Matias
Thanks for your help on finding the bug:
github.com/Kunena/Kunena-2.0/issues/970

More
11 years 9 months ago #7 by daveyboye
I found a potential bug (could just be my setup though). When users receive emails from subscriptions, the email direct link to the forum topic is incorrect. For example, here is an URL provided in email:

http://SITEURL/home/home/index.php/forum/84-skul-shock-training-camp/64815-skul-shock-tips-n-tricks/64901

As you can see, my root is http://SITEURL/home/ So, it is counting /home twice. I don't see a place in config to mark root specifically. However, it shouldn't be listing the root twice. Any ideas?

More
11 years 9 months ago #8 by daveyboye
I found the issue in the github. Sorry for the duplicate post. In the meantime, should I use the fix in the forum post as a workaround or wait until some patch files are created?

www.kunena.org/forum/K-2-0-Support-Archi...-in-email-URL#128690

More
11 years 9 months ago #9 by sozzled

More
11 years 8 months ago #10 by derekf
Hi there,

We're running K2.0.1 and are seeing a problem in that if I've subscribed to a topic and receive and email notification then the format of the notification is incorrect.

For example, if the URL for the topic is:

www.website.com/testing/index.php/forum/25524-notification-test

then the URL in the email notification sent to me when somebody replies to that topic is:

www.website.com/testing/testing/index.ph...24-notification-test

Any ideas if this is a bug or if there's some configuration somewhere I need to set this (I've looked around the control panel but couldn't find anything).

Time to create page: 0.441 seconds