Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Admin can not see categories.

More
11 years 9 months ago #1 by HowAboutPrague
I guess this is not a bug, but I am sure I am not the only person that will have this problem.

The issue was after upgrading to Kunena 2 (on J2.5.4) I logged in as Admin to the back end, and could not see any categories. After reading the release notes, I see that in 2.0 a user only sees categories that they have access to. But Admin is well... admin...

In my system, I never log into my Kunena forum as Admin, I have a normal user and a Moderator for that. After some experimenting, I found that the Admin account I use for the backend, MUST log in to the front end forum, and then it can see all the categories.

I am assuming it is an oversight in the security, but the work around is pretty simple, just log into the forum and open any thread and its fixed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #2 by Matias
Too tight security it seems..

In backend all users are considered as being admin who have access to Kunena in there. So the issue should be something else.. OH! I know...

It's pretty easy fix...

github.com/Kunena/Kunena-2.0/issues/903
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Matias.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.533 seconds