Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

The Kunena Search plugin added additional functionality to the standard Joomla search feature. Please do not confuse this plugin with the module that is used to display a search box; questions about the module are covered in another category.

This category is for the plugin developed, endorsed, maintained and supported by the Kunena project team. The topics in this category only relate to the plugin developed for K 2.0.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Search plugin and Joomla functionality

More
11 years 2 months ago #1 by A. Wayne Webb
I installed the search plug-in for 2.0.4. I did a search using the Joomla search with mixed results.
  1. Here is my site .
  2. Click on the Use Our Forum > Index link below the Search box. It will show the forum.
  3. The first item, "Welcome Mat," comes pre-installed with Kunena and contains the phrase "encourage."
  4. Plug that phrase into the Search box.
  5. Please note that the string does not appear in the results pane.

Furthermore...
  1. Follow the same steps as above, using as a search string, "Welcome."
  2. Notice that the "Welcome Mat" topic does not appear in the results list. I believe the Kunena Search Plug-in is searching forum postings / content and not forum postings and the forum title.
  3. Note that item 2 also includes the content / description of a forum. That is why the previous test did not pick up the phrase "encourage" in the results.
  4. Note that the search results does contain a posting, "I need help with ideas!." topic. It is the last item in the search results.

Can someone please explain what is going on to me?

Cordially,
Wayne

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #2 by Mortti

A. Wayne Webb wrote: Notice that the "Welcome Mat" topic does not appear in the results list. I believe the Kunena Search Plug-in is searching forum postings / content and not forum postings and the forum title.

"Welcome Mat" is the Category Name not a Topic Title... "Welcome to Kunena!" is the Topic Title an looks work just fine in your site.

See: screencast.com/t/zflC6ezCsRQw
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Mortti.

More
11 years 2 months ago #3 by A. Wayne Webb

Mortti wrote: "Welcome Mat" is the Category Name not a Topic Title... "Welcome to Kunena!" is the Topic Title an looks work just fine in your site.

See: screencast.com/t/zflC6ezCsRQw

This is getting weird. And I appreciate your help.

Unfortunately when I click into your screen shot I get taken to the Screencast site but no image is displayed, just a sectioned grey screen with a couple of content items.

Taking your advice I plugged "Welcome" into my Search box. "Welcome to Kunena!" does not appear in my hit list. Honest!

Even then, Joomla can search category titles, so Kunena categories should appear as well. Products is a category on my site, containing only one sub-category, "TSR, Inc." Doing a search using the phrase "Products" pulls up that category. The search engine finds the Joomla categories, but not Kunena categories.

Cordially,
Wayne

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #4 by sozzled
I do not know what it is that is powering your "search box" (as you have described it) but, from the looks of things, whatever it is doesn't 't know to look at Kunena. This "search box" is not part of Kunena.

My guess is the you need to install the Kunena Search plugin.

I think we could have more easily (and more quickly) pinpointed the source of the problem if you had posted your Kunena configuration report. Try to remember to do this in future, please. We should not have to ask for this every time we have a question like this. Thank you.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.851 seconds