Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Override color

More
11 years 8 months ago #1 by tompasworld
Override color was created by tompasworld
Hi,

As I understand the colors for the username and pw boxes are using the sites templates input colors.
Is there a way to override this so the Kunena login module can use its own colors.

The problem is that the login is placed in the header of my site which is using a dark background and the body of the site is white, and the bodys text is dark which does not go well with a the headers dark background.

Regards,
Thomas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Override color

tompasworld wrote: As I understand the colors for the username and pw boxes are using the sites templates input colors.

Ultimately, that is a true statement, yes. Because the Joomla site template CSS is the last CSS to be loaded, any other CSS used by other Joomla extensions (e.g. components, modules, plugins, etc.,) will be affected by your Joomla site template.

But, even beyond what is contained in your Joomla site template CSS, you can also apply template overrides. The discussion of template overrides is way beyond the scope of a discussion forum like this one, but if you go to the Joomla website you may find online information or details about books that go in-depth into this aspect of Joomla's MVC.

For simple customisations, however, it's quite straightforward to construct a couple of additional CSS rules and add them to the end of your Joomla site template. See How do I change the colours of my template in Kunena?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.334 seconds