Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for the module developed, endorsed, maintained and supported by the Kunena project team. The topics in this category only relate to the plugin developed for K 2.0.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question [article]

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #1 by Dirval
[article] was created by Dirval
Good day

After updating the component JCE, an error occurred. In the module, recent posts, under the heading shows "(article)." How can I fix this? I also think that the article is missing in the discussion generated headline.

My Website (Kunena 2.0.3): www.raketaci.cz

Koudy

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by Dirval.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #2 by skybax
Replied by skybax on topic [article]
Try to update to K 2.0.4 and see if there any change

More
11 years 3 months ago #3 by Dirval
Replied by Dirval on topic [article]
Updating components and modules implemented. Unfortunately without result. : (

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic [article]
There is no easy way to fix this. The issue is "what happens when a new message is posted on the forum that refers to a Joomla article and I want to show the text of the article in the Kunena Latest module?" Basically, you can't.

The Kunena Latest module is not very "smart". if a new message is created that contains the following BBcode
Code:
[article]
then that is exactly what the module will display (if you configure the module to show the first x characters of the post).

The main thing is that the link works. I went to your site (nice site, by the way, even though I don't understand Czech), I found the item you mentioned and I clicked the link. I was then taken to the forum topic which displayed the whole article.

I think you may have to accept that the Kunena Latest module is imperfect and it cannot do everything that you might expect it to do. The main thing is that the module displays that there's something new and your users should be able to figure out what to do next ... click the link to read more. If they can't work it out, I am sure you will be able to explain it to them.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #5 by Jiminimonka
Replied by Jiminimonka on topic [article]
Kunena Latest only shows the latest posts in the Kunena forum, it does not show Joomla articles. If you want to have recent articles showing in a module there are many different extension that do it, for example RokSprocket ( extensions.joomla.org/extensions/news-di...9rc3Byb2NrZXQiO30%3D ) and a search on JED extensions.joomla.org/extensions/news-di...-display/latest-news might show some other decent examples.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Jiminimonka.

Time to create page: 0.486 seconds