Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Registered Members Able To View "Restricted" Areas

More
11 years 3 months ago #1 by Mooton
Hi,

I am having a problem with the Latest Posts module. I have it setup to show on the front page for all registered members.

On our website we have a registered members are and a clan members area. To access the clan members area you have to be in the clan member "group". This works fine when browsing the forum (registered members can not see the clan area), but the latest posts module displays any new posts in the clan area to ALL members. This would not be so bad if they got some sort of unauthorised message when they clicked on the post but it doesn't, they are then able to view and post in the restricted topic.

Any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled

Mooton wrote: Any idea what could be causing this?

Without seeing your Kunena configuration report we're even more in the dark than you are. It would be good, also, to know exactly how you defined the access permissions in those categories that you want to reserve for your "special" members.

I should point out that there are special categories here, on this website, that not all registered members can access and unless something really strange has occurred, you will not see any evidence of latest messages posted into those categories appearing on the front page of this site (where the Kunena Latest module is displayed). So I think it comes down to a matter of looking at your forum categories and seeing how you've defined the access permissions.

More
11 years 3 months ago #3 by Josh
Go to Kunena Admin panel >> Category Manager >> Permissions Tab

Personally I've had better luck with Access Control Type set to "Access level". Then below set the usergroups you want to view the specified category.

This issue seems more related to the ACL than the module.

More
11 years 3 months ago #4 by Mooton
Thanks for that creating more access levels and setting forums to "access level" seems to of fixed it. I am still learning Kunena.

I have just noticed a different (not major issue), it looks like some posts don't show as the "latest post" despite being newer than others. IE: They dont show in latest module and also in the forum index the last post is not the latest one. I have attached screenshots below.

The latest module is showing my post as the latest post in the clan chat area of the forum:

The index is also showing my post as the last post in this area

But when entering the forum you can see flipflops post in the thread above is newer:

I appreciate I have not really gave you any settings or reports so please just tell me if there is anything you need me to post and I will post it.

Thanks

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #5 by sozzled
I am pleased that we fixed this issue.

We ask that people only use one topic for each question/problem that they have. Your second question does not seem to be related to the first question. Please start a new topic for your second question. You do not have to give us your Kunena configuration report if you do not want to; we do not have to try to guess what's going on at your website (without that information), either. The more information you can provide, the quicker your questions can be answered.

I am marking this topic as "resolved".
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.603 seconds