Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Popup shows no post content

More
11 years 9 months ago #1 by ralle632
Hello,

I've updated to version 2.0.1 my Kunena.
Even the Kunena Latest module to version 2.0.1

In the frontend, it shows me no set length of contribution from the popup, but only the post title.

Is this still a bug?

Best regards, Ralf

My English is not so perfect, so I translated with Google ... sorry :whistle:

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #2 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Popup shows no post content
Is the behavior different to Kunena 1.7? I've been working so long with Kunena 2.0 that I have no idea on how the old version worked...

There is another setting to display post contents under the title.

More
11 years 9 months ago #3 by ralle632
Hi Matias,
Thank you for your answer.
In the Kunena Latest module 1.7 was the parameter "messageLength" defined in the default.php

sample here
Code:
JString::substr ( htmlspecialchars ( KunenaParser::stripBBCode($item->message) ), '0', $this->params->get ( 'messagelength' ) )

2.0.1 Kunena Latest module is also available parameters, but not declared in the files.

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #4 by rpertusio
I did a very (very!) ugly hack to get the correct 'tooltips' to show up in Kunena Latest module:

File to edit:
\administrator\components\com_kunena\libraries\view.php

Line#: ~228
Code:
case 'unread': // RSP: Replaced the following 1 line: // $title = JText::sprintf('COM_KUNENA_TOPIC_UNREAD_LINK_TITLE', $this->escape($topic->subject)); $title = JText::sprintf(KunenaHtmlParser::stripBBCode ( $this->topic->last_post_message, 500)); break;

If you did it correctly, hovering over the link will popup a tooltip (with the post contents!)

Thanks. Looking forward to an 'official' fix, but for now, this will get me working.

- rp
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by rpertusio.

Time to create page: 0.531 seconds