Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Can't show latest posts

More
11 years 9 months ago #1 by GeoffM
Clearly I'm being a muppet here. I used to have Joomla 1.5 and Latest Posts worked great. Now my site has been migrated to Joomla 2.5, I'm using Kunena 1.7.2, and I've just downloaded and installed Latest Posts 2.0.0. It says it's installed okay but I can't then find it in the modules list. I thought I needed to find it in the modules list, set the position (left column for my template), publish etc. But it's not on the modules list. I can find other add-ons like Kunena search. Any ideas what I'm missing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #2 by coder4life
Replied by coder4life on topic Can't show latest posts
Kunena Latest Posts 2.0.0 is not designed to work with Kunena 1.7.2, but the new Kunena 2.0 version. I am not sure why it is not appearing in the module list regardless. Try to reinstall and see if it fixes the issue. Make sure to report any errors returned.

More
11 years 9 months ago #3 by GeoffM
Replied by GeoffM on topic Can't show latest posts

coder4life wrote: Kunena Latest Posts 2.0.0 is not designed to work with Kunena 1.7.2, but the new Kunena 2.0 version. I am not sure why it is not appearing in the module list regardless. Try to reinstall and see if it fixes the issue. Make sure to report any errors returned.

Wow, I'm so behind the times on 1.7.2! By several... hours! LOL

Anyway, I thought I'd tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but this time it certainly worked. And then promptly said that I needed Kunena 2.0 so at least that bit works. I'll give it a few days: my head is spinning from Joomla 1.5->2.5 migration this week; need a cool, dark place before I attempt another migration, simple though it might be!

Thanks, and congrats on the new version.

More
11 years 9 months ago #4 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Can't show latest posts
I recommend upgrading to Kunena 2.0 before doing migration. I'd also wait for the new jUpgrade version as it fixes a few bugs + Joomla 2.5.3 had some issues...

More
11 years 9 months ago #5 by GeoffM

Matias wrote: I recommend upgrading to Kunena 2.0 before doing migration. I'd also wait for the new jUpgrade version as it fixes a few bugs + Joomla 2.5.3 had some issues...

Too late!

More
11 years 9 months ago #6 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Can't show latest posts
Missed word "another". We will be releasing 2.0.1 in a few days, so you could wait till then..

More
11 years 9 months ago #7 by GeoffM

Matias wrote: Missed word "another". We will be releasing 2.0.1 in a few days, so you could wait till then..

Thanks, upgraded and all working okay.

More
11 years 9 months ago #8 by cuertech
Replied by cuertech on topic Can't show latest posts
I've just upgraded from Kunena 1.7.2 to 2.0.1 including the addons - the Kunena latest module displays 'user posts' when 'latest posts' display mode is selected - all else went perfectly and looks / works great.

Time to create page: 0.384 seconds