Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Redirection Issue Kunena 2.0.3 with Kunena Discuss Plugin 2.0.3

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #1 by ariaji86
ok, this first from www.kunena.org/forum/K-2-0-Kunena-Discus...p-issue?limitstart=0 that has been locked.

Hi,
just wanted to share with an issue I encountered with Kunena 2.0.1 and Kunena Discuss 2.0.1.

On my installation (J! 2.5.6, fresh install) if the "Post Order" option is setup to "Latest Posts" everything works fine like it should be: article blog, article list and article view menu items show their proper content views.

If the "Post Order" option is "First Posts" then the menu items (blog, article list, article) redirect to the forum pages.

I have no idea why the option makes so much change?

In the following options "Show on Front Page", "Show on Blog Pages" and "Show on Other Pages" I have chosen to "Posts" - the unwanted redirection does not appear if the option is "Nothing" or "Link".

Is this a bug or intentional behaviour of the plugin?

i found out this is still exist in my kunena 2.0.3 and kunena discuss plugin 2.0.3

the problems was something like @Jetsfan said

Yes, i do had/have the same problem.
On the main page i had a news with a "more button".
If someone clicks it, he will be redirected to the kunena forum/thread.
If you clicked on the "more" button in the thread. you will be redirected to the same page.
So the user had no chance to see the whole news behind the "more" button.

With the option "latest post" you will see the blog pages. With "First Post" you will only get the board pages......

and i figured out another issue about redirection to forum is when your article doesnt have any reply / comment yet..

but if the post has been replied it would normal goes to article page..

any fix how to goes normally again? i mean when the article doesnt contain any reply, it should goes to article page..

CMIIW..

for info: i update kunena from 1.7.2 to 2.0.0 first then 2.0.1 then 2.0.2 then 2.0.3
and i updated to kunena discuss plugin 2.0.3 by uninstalling first kunena discuss plugin 1.7.2

Thanks for all the hard works
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by ariaji86.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #2 by Matias
I'll try to find out what goes wrong, but in the mean time it looks like that it can be avoided by changing plug-in settings.

github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Addons/issues/114

More
11 years 4 months ago #3 by Matias
Found the issue and fixed it (finally!)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ariaji86

More
11 years 4 months ago #4 by nikdejan

Matias wrote: Found the issue and fixed it (finally!)

Can you please share your solution with us? I'm having a nightmare right now :(

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #5 by sozzled
G'day, nikdejan, and welcome to Kunena.

The developer's solutions are available to anyone who would like to spend a minute searching for the information on GitHub . If you're having "nightmares" I would offer you three possible suggestions:

(1) Search Github for the solution; the answer that you're looking for is >>> here <<< by the way.
(2) Be patient and wait for the next version to be released to the public. It is expected that K 2.0.4, together with Kunena Discuss 2.0.4, will be released before the end of 2012.
(3) Have a glass of warm milk before you go to bed at night.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nikdejan

Time to create page: 1.049 seconds