Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Discuss quick reply not on some articles

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #1 by Uzi
I love the Kunena Discuss plug in but for some reason it does not appear under some articles in Category view or on full article. A Menu page may show 1, all or one missing. Seems random.

Any idea what is wrong?

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 32M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : allrounder-j1.6 | author: Juergen Koller | version: 1.4 | creationdate: Apr 2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.2 | creationdate: 2012-09-02

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.2 | 2012-09-02 [ Botschafter ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Content - Kunena Discuss 2.0.2

Modules: Kunena Stats 2.0.2

Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Uzi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #2 by Uzi
Seems that looking for product support on this forum is a waste of time. Where are the members who help out the new guys????? Guess I will just remove Kunena Discuss as half working is as bad as not at all.

Very disappointed :-(

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #3 by sozzled

Uzi wrote: Seems that looking for product support on this forum is a waste of time. Where are the members who help out the new guys????? Guess I will just remove Kunena Discuss as half working is as bad as not at all.

Very disappointed :-(

I am sorry that you are disappointed. For your information you are not the only person who requires immediate help. If every one of the thousands of users who posted messages on this self-help forum expected all their questions answered for free within 24 hours of posting them, it would be something miraculous, wouldn't it?

For your information, the Kunena team has been totally focused on preparing K 2.0.3 for release and, in the past 24 hours, over 50 unpaid hours of work have been poured into the project by a team of volunteers who want to make sure that this new version fixes as many important problems as possible.

Here is the team's response to your question:

(1) K 2.0.2 is now not supported. You are advised to upgrade to K 2.0.3 as soon as possible.
(2) Kunena Discuss 2.0.2 is now not supported. You are advised to upgrade to Kunena Discuss 2.0.3 as soon as possible and to check if this upgrade remediates your current problem.
(3) Kunena Stats 2.0.2 is now not supported. You are advised to upgrade to Kunena Stats 2.0.3 as soon as possible.
(4) Custom menu changes from the default installation can cause unforeseen problems if Joomla menu construction is not undertaken carefully. If in doubt, please try using the standard Kunena menu setup to see if this remediates problems that you are now having.
(5) You have edited your configuration report. Until and unless we are able to see your unedited configuration report we are only guessing as to what may be causing your problems.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 4 months ago #4 by Uzi
Sozzled,

1. My post is over 2 days old - not within 24hrs. So I didn't expect IMMEDIATE help. I waited patiently.

2. I didn't say the Kunena Team, I asked where are THE MEMBERS.

3. My forum shows it is up to date

You already have the latest version
Installed version 2.0.2
Latest version 2.0.2
Latest release date 2012-09-02
Direct download URL joomlacode.org/gf/download/frsrelease/17...2.0.2_2012-09-02.zip
Information Release notes • Read more

So how would I know you have released an update?

4. I only edited my Confidential info off the header from the report, which reading other posts is what most (if not all) do too without comment to say they should not.

I will look for the update & see if it makes a difference.

More
11 years 4 months ago #5 by sozzled

Uzi wrote: 4. I only edited my Confidential info off the header from the report, which reading other posts is what most (if not all) do too without comment to say they should not.

Please read the FAQs page. The FAQs page says (among many other things), "do not edit your configuration report". Most other members do not edit their configuration reports!

We, who are moderators, and you (the person posting your report) are the only people who can see the material enclosed within the "confidential" tags. Please read BBCode in the Wiki to find out how BBcode tags work.

Some people wait 48 hours for a response on a web based self-help forum and some people wait weeks. Your message was not directed at the community when you wrote "seems that looking for product support on this forum is a waste of time". I think it is quite clear to anyone who reads it that you were complaining about the lack of support from those who designed the product ... not from the community that uses it.

We need to see how you have configured your website (i.e. your unabridged Kunena configuration report) and, further, it would not hurt to show details of how you have configured Kunena Discuss. You may like to compare your Kunena Discuss settings with those that are used successfully elsewhere as this sticky topic will indicate: Kunena Discuss "quick and dirty" instructions for use .

Yes, your forum is "up-to-date" (according to the auto-update information held on the currently out-of-date auto-update server). You should also know that K 2.0.3 corrects 75+ problems including several issues relating to Kunena Discuss. If you would like to wait until you are more "officially" notified that your forum software is out of date (which will occur within the next 48 hours) that's OK too. You could also take advantage of the waiting period and upgrade your Kunena software.

We're doing our best to help you (really we are) but please try to remember that we're also dealing with inevitable barrage of questions that occur whenever there is any new release of software that has been downloaded over two-and-a-half million times since the project began less than 4 years ago. Last, but by no means least, we're all volunteers - no-one is being paid to do this work and (I should add) only a small handful of people in the community have donated any money to assist the task that we try to do to the best of our ability.

Your understanding and co-operation to make this job easier for us would be appreciated. Thank you.

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #6 by Uzi
OK - updated to latest release. Still the same issue. One category, for example has 7 articles all but one with Discuss reply box. The one article also does not have a box on the full article page either. This is an example. Other categories have the same issue.

UPDATE - found what the issue was. The setting 'TOPIC MUST START WITHIN' was set for 2 months. I changed it to 12 months & all now show. This should not have happened as the Articles affected were all less than 2 months old.

Hope this helps anyone else who has this issue at any time. I may not be on the Kunena Team but I am happy to help another member if I can. That Sozzled is what I meant even if you chose to read it otherwise.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Uzi.

Time to create page: 0.374 seconds