Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Configuring Discuss Plugin to allow discussion for all articles by default

More
11 years 5 months ago #1 by GJSchaller
I'm setting up a corporate documentation site using Joomla 2.5, and we're looking for a good Comments / Discussion extension. We tried several Comments systems off the JED, but didn't like the feel of them (Too social, not corporate enough.)

I use Kunena in several non-corporate websites, and am familiar with Kunena itself. I figured I would give a stab at using Kunena Discuss to handle the article discussion aspect of the site.

I'd like to set Kunena Discuss so that every article, by default, has a discussion (or at least a link to the discussion) automatically associated with it. I have the plugin installed, enabled, and linked to a default category, but nothing is showing up on the article pages for existing articles.

I've looked over the documentation in this category, and it doesn't specifically state how to make a discussion appear for an article - does a statement need to be included in the article, or should it be appearing automatically?

This is on Joomla 2.5.7, running Kunena 2.0.2.

Thank you for your help!

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
Knight Realms

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #2 by GJSchaller
I found the answer by turning on Debugging, which gave an error I was then able to track down and resolve.

My next question is this - it seems that when I click on an article, Joomla immediately redirects me to Kunena, with the article being discussed as the first post. I can avoid this by using a Link instead, but it seems that if "Posts" is enabled, the forums effectively replace the actual content of the site - is this accurate / intentional?

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
Knight Realms

More
11 years 5 months ago #3 by sozzled
Replying to your second question, I believe this other matter has been discussed elsewhere on the forum and, if I remember correctly, it's something that needs to be fixed in the current public release. I could be wrong. :unsure: It may have been fixed in KD 2.0.3; I don't know.

Time to create page: 1.472 seconds