Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Bug Kunena Discuss attachments error

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #1 by ddi
From another post:

Question

2.In plg_content_kunenadiscuss - can not see picture when it is added as attachment

Answer

2°) That ins't supported

Why not? It was supported in the previous versions.

How can we fix this?

I run latest versions of Kunena (2.0.1) and Joomla (2.5)

Thank you for your time.
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by ddi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #2 by warped perception
Yeah i have the same problem. Why features get taken away instead of letting the user decide if he would have it or not?

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #3 by sozzled

warped perception wrote: Yeah I have the same problem.

I do not understand the problem. What, exactly, are we discussing? The subject says "Kunena Discuss attachments error". Can someone please explain what, exactly, is the error?

I do not know what, exactly, is claimed to have been supported in an older version of Kunena, is not now supported and, in particular, I am trying to understand how this relates to the Kunena Discuss plugin.
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #4 by warped perception
ehm the problem is following:
If you write a comment on an article and you want to post an image you can use attachments and insert it in the article.

If you watch it in the forum there is no problem, but in the article you see only
Code:
[attachment]
instead of the image.
If you post the image as a link it works but not as an attachment.

Can you help us fixing the problem? If you want i can post an example.
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by warped perception.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #5 by sozzled

warped perception wrote: If you write a comment on an article and you want to post an image you can use attachments and insert it in the article.

The Kunena Discuss plugin simply adds a form for users to input comments about the Joomla articles on you site. The Kunena Discuss plugin does not give your users the ability to insert attachments; you can only insert attachments using the forum.

The Kunena Discuss plugin was originally intended for people to post simple text comments. Although it may be a good idea to show extra things(like attachments) when people are commenting on your Joomla articles, maybe you have found something about the plugin that it was not designed to do?

I don't know how to fix this problem. Perhaps someone might volunteer to do this job for you for no charge; perhaps you may need to wait patiently for this to happen. This may be a very easy thing to fix, too, but I do not really know.

As xillibit wrote, the feature you are looking for is not currently supported; that is the only fact that I am aware of. There is no error here. There is just the annoyance that attachments are not displayed in comments made by people on the pages where your Joomla articles appear. That's unfortunate, it seems.
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #6 by warped perception
yeah okay thats possible. Is that the same with the jomsocial plugin. It isnt able to show the images from the Forum too.
It says only attachment.

Maybe it would be nice to include the function in the future for kunena.

I will ask if someone could help me out with this point.

But only Linked images works in Kunena Discuss. You have to load up and than use the img-tag instead of attachment. But you have to store and then open again the message to upload the images. Than you can link the images with img-tag.

Here is my site. The images in the comments are only img-tags no attachments:
www.cyspace.eu/neuheiten/271-das-outfit-...ewinnerin-kitty.html
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by warped perception.

Time to create page: 0.501 seconds