Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Duplicate plugin?

More
11 years 9 months ago #1 by nyabynghi
Duplicate plugin? was created by nyabynghi
Hello,

A bit of a newbie with this so excuse me. Is there a way to duplicate this plugin to have different set of options. So for example, in one joomla content category, I would only like a discussion topic when a comment is posted. However, in another joomla content category I would like a post in the forum created every time an article is created. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #2 by nyabynghi
Replied by nyabynghi on topic Duplicate plugin?
My question didn't make sense?

More
11 years 8 months ago #3 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Duplicate plugin?
Your question about the Kunena Discuss 2.0 plugin makes sense but it's beyond the scope of a self-help forum to answer it properly. If you know how to build a Joomla plugin then you should have no difficulty modifying what's required in order to to create a plugin that presents a different set of options to one that already is configured in another way. The difficulty that I see is what happens when you try to run two content plugins that do similar things to the same data. The first plugin will do something but the second plugin may override the effects of the first-run plugin. Anyway, that's something for you to experiment with and figure out if there's potential conflict in that area. ;)

Do you know how to build a Joomla content plugin? If you don't, there are plenty of people who could offer you their professional services to construct one for you. If that idea appeals to you, please let me know and I will move this topic to a more appropriate area of our forum for you.

Time to create page: 1.075 seconds