Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Important unwanted menu redirection - ordering setup issue?

More
11 years 8 months ago #1 by boskoff
Hi,
just wanted to share with an issue I encountered with Kunena 2.0.1 and Kunena Discuss 2.0.1.

On my installation (J! 2.5.6, fresh install) if the "Post Order" option is setup to "Latest Posts" everything works fine like it should be: article blog, article list and article view menu items show their proper content views.

If the "Post Order" option is "First Posts" then the menu items (blog, article list, article) redirect to the forum pages.

I have no idea why the option makes so much change?

In the following options "Show on Front Page", "Show on Blog Pages" and "Show on Other Pages" I have chosen to "Posts" - the unwanted redirection does not appear if the option is "Nothing" or "Link".

Is this a bug or intentional behaviour of the plugin?
The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
I am sorry but I'm not sure that I what we are talking about with "menu" redirection. Your site menu is controlled by the Joomla Menu Manager - although, if you have made any changes to your .htaccess file, you can also change the targets of any links you've created in your menus.

These are the settings for Kunena Discuss 2.0.1 used at this site:

How do your settings compare?
Attachments:
More
11 years 8 months ago #3 by boskoff
Hi,
thanks for answering.
I have the very same settings now, like you posted. With the option "Latests Posts" everything is OK.

Once I change to "First Posts" all the menu items which use discuss bot (article, article list, category blog) instead of showing their appropriate pages they show the forum itself. If I switch back to "Latests Posts" everything goes "normal" again.

This refers to the pages which option "Posts" checked in the "Show on Front Page", "Show on Blog Pages" and "Show on Other Pages" - if anything else is checked the "redirection" does not occur.

I do not know if I am expressing myself clear enough...
More
11 years 7 months ago #4 by Jetsfan
Yes, i do had/have the same problem.
On the main page i had a news with a "more button".
If someone clicks it, he will be redirected to the kunena forum/thread.
If you clicked on the "more" button in the thread. you will be redirected to the same page.
So the user had no chance to see the whole news behind the "more" button.

With the option "latest post" you will see the blog pages. With "First Post" you will only get the board pages...... understand my bad english...?
More
11 years 7 months ago #5 by Phil.P
Hi,
After updating to K1.7 K2.0.1 (component and plugin Discuss), I have the same problem. When the parameter "Post order" is set to "Lastest posts", everything works fine. When it is set to "first posts", the links of the main menu opens on the forum.
With K1.7, everything worked.
Is there a solution?
Thank you.
More
11 years 7 months ago #6 by sozzled

boskoff wrote: With the option "Latests Posts" everything is OK.

Once I change to "First Posts" all the menu items which use discuss bot (article, article list, category blog) instead of showing their appropriate pages they show the forum itself. If I switch back to "Latests Posts" everything goes "normal" again.

Can you please explain what this has to do with "Unwanted menu redirection" or how I have answered the topic in msg #2?
More
11 years 7 months ago #7 by sozzled

Jetsfan wrote: If you clicked on the "more" button in the thread. you will be redirected to the same page.

Do you see this issue here, at this website, in the topics created in the Discuss Articles category?
More
11 years 7 months ago #8 by sozzled

Phil.P wrote: I have the same problem. When the parameter "Post order" is set to "Lastest posts", everything works fine. When it is set to "first posts", the links of the main menu opens on the forum.

Can you please explain what this has to do with the question originally posted in msg #1 and how I responded in msg #2?
More
11 years 5 months ago #9 by claudiodestasio
I have the same issue, have you solved?
More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #10 by ariaji86
i guess the issue about redirection to forum is when your article doesnt have any reply / comment yet..

but if the post has been replied it would normal goes to article page..

any fix how to goes normally again? i mean when the article doesnt contain any reply, it should goes to article page..

CMIIW..

Thanks for all the hard works
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by ariaji86.
Time to create page: 0.346 seconds