Question Going from Kunena 1.7 to Kunana 2.0 with sql database only

More
9 years 6 months ago #1 by dzikson
I have an old Joomla 1.5 database and I'm wondering if there's a way I can somehow just use Kunena (1.7) fields to restore forums on a new website that has Joomla 2.5 and Kunena 2.0?

If not what's my other choice? Do I have to recreate the old Joomla 1.5 site and try to upgrade it with jUpgrade? I tried that while back but it would always hang and never finish the upgrade.

Thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #2 by Matias
You need to import users from Joomla 1.5 into Joomla 2.5 and the only tools for that are SPUpgrade or JUpgrade. There just isn't another way...

What comes to Kunena, you can just copy media/kunena folder and all jos_kunena tables into the new database with new prefix and install the component. After that you need to change all category permissions (or migrate with JUpgrade).

Going from Kunena 1.7 to Kunana 2.0 with sql database only - Forum - Kunena - To Speak! Next Generation Forum Component for Joomla
More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #3 by dzikson

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given in /home/dafl6903/public_html/plugins/content/geshi/geshi/geshi.php on line 2023
Layout was rendered in /home/dafl6903/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/crypsis/layouts/topic/item/message/default.php on line 26

More
9 years 6 months ago #4 by Matias
Did you solve your issue? I'm not sure from your reply.

Kunena 6.0.6 & Kunena 5.2.13 & blue eagle5 1.6.8 released as security release (28 Nov 2022)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.0.6 [K 6.0.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.2.x. This is a security release.

More
9 years 6 months ago #5 by Yiannistaos

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given in /home/dafl6903/public_html/plugins/content/geshi/geshi/geshi.php on line 2023
Layout was rendered in /home/dafl6903/public_html/components/com_kunena/template/crypsis/layouts/topic/item/message/default.php on line 26

More
9 years 6 months ago #6 by xillibit

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds