Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Migrate data from Joomla 1.5 / Kunena 1.6.3 to Joomla 2.5 / Kunena 2.0.4

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #1 by bplumb
Hi there,

I am currently in the process of migrating our Joomla 1.5 website over to 2.5 and am having issues with Kunena.

I have Kunena 2.0.4 installed. I initially removed all Kunena (j25_) tables, renaming the original (jos_) tables, however this threw up various errors. I uninstalled Kunena, reverting the tables back to how they previously were.

This time, I only removed and renamed the kunena_categories tables, and I am getting an error:

Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in public_html/administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/forum/category/helper.php on line 532

Can anyone please help with this? I really need to find a way of getting the old data into the new table so that I can launch the new website.

Many thanks,

bplumb
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Matias.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #2 by fxstein
Hi,

FYI - This is only as involved you you want to upgrade Joomla 1.5 to 2.5. A regular upgrade from Kunena 1.6.3 to Kunena 2.0.4 on the same Joomla platform is a simple install.

Just went through this over the weekend with one of my own sites.

Here is what I recommend:

On Joomla 1.5 upgrade to Kunena 2.0.4 and check that everything is ok. (Backup before and after if at all possible)

Upgrade the main content of the Joomla website (don't worry about Kunena for a moment) with something like JUpgrade (and expect there to be issues. Took me all weekend to work through some JUpgrade kinks).

Once you have your new J2.5 site with all the content and template up and running, manually copy in all the jos_kunena_* tables and rename jos to the new prefix of your choice.

Manually copy the following directories from your J15 install:

/components/kunena
/administrator/components/kunena
/media/kunena
/images (can contain old fb and kunena files)

With the tables and directories copied make another backup of the files and the database so you can go back in case something goes wrong.

Now simply install Kunena 2.0.4 on the new J25 site (the one you just copied all those files to. Kunena will do a nice upgrade and will find all the files and all posts and categories.

Caution: Because of the permissions changes in J25 you will have to go to your categories and assign the proper permissions. If you don't do that, most or all will not show.

For most sites you want most or all categories to be Public for the first user group and Registered for the second. That means the public can see them, only registered users can post to them.

Its a bit of a workout, but in the end it worked for me, once I got past the JUpgrade issues.

FYI - The very same process works for jomSocial.

PS: I did this as part of switching to a new server. Makes your life a lot easier. You can have both up and running, compare and get missing things from the old install as needed.

Hope this helps!

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by fxstein.
The following user(s) said Thank You: greg, Bob Britt, etmom

More
10 years 11 months ago #3 by bplumb
YEY! Thank you very much!

I panicked a bit when I saw many error messages, but I followed your advice and changed permissions and BINGO!

Thank you!

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #4 by Bob Britt
Just want to say thanks for posting this. Worked like a charm. I had some self inflicted issues but came back to this document and was able to sort it all out. You would think someone could script this but I suspect that Media and Image dir could get pretty big.

Thanks again, hope I never need it again... :whistle:
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by Bob Britt.

Time to create page: 0.652 seconds