Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Smart Search Plugin - where to download?

More
11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 1 week ago #1 by parisi
I have looked and looked - I give up. Where can I download the Smart Search Plug-in for kunena?

Thanks in advance!

Paul
Last edit: 11 years 1 week ago by parisi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 1 week ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, parisi, and welcome to the forum.

I don't understand the question "Smart Search Plug-in for Kunena"? I've never heard of this before. What information do you have that tells you that a smart search plugin exists.

The official Kunena software downloads are available on the download page.
Last edit: 11 years 1 week ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 1 week ago #3 by parisi
Thanks for the welcome. I appreciate what you all have built. It is appreciated!

I was looking for a Smart Search plugin and some of the notes I saw led me to believe there was one. I guess that is wrong?

Thanks,
Paul

More
11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 1 week ago #4 by sozzled

parisi wrote: I was looking for a Smart Search plugin and some of the notes I saw led me to believe there was one.

Can you point to where you read this information, please. If there exists information that is wrong, we need to correct it. Thank you.

More
11 years 1 week ago #5 by parisi
Search for this

Added and improved Kunena Plugin for Smart Search Integration

on this page

joomlaforum.ru/index.php?topic=239431.0;wap2

More
11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 1 week ago #6 by sozzled
The text in that reference is "Added and improved Kunena Plugin for Smart Search Integration" taken from the K 2.0.3 release notes . The release notes state:

Improved Smart Search Plugin for Kunena (thanks @Batch1211) - Note that plug-in isn't installed by default

Now that I understand your question better, I will try to find out more information about what is this text is trying to say and what it means by "this plugin is not installed by default". :)

EDIT: This is the more "official" explanation that I was able to find: github.com/Kunena/Kunena-2.0/pull/1105

More
11 years 1 week ago #7 by parisi
Thanks for looking at this.

I had read those in GitHub. Which given it was 6 months ago, I thought something must be somewhere regarding Smart Search.

Paul.

More
10 years 10 months ago #8 by bam
I too found the same reference in the read me and git hub article. But nothing more.

So it is not installed by default.
The official search plugin (that isn't installed by default) appears to only be for the traditional search.

Anyone have any idea where this ghost smart search is?

-BAM

More
10 years 10 months ago #9 by Matias
Smart search support is still experimental, mostly because of the database grows way too huge even with several thousand of posts. With 50-100k posts the database is already so huge (1-2GB) that you will start getting bad issues with the sites stability.

Time to create page: 0.379 seconds