Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Module errors after upgrade to Kunena 2.0.4

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #1 by xpatman
I just upgraded to Kunena 2.0.4 from Kunena 2.0.2 and a lot of modules will not work..

with Module K2 content I have to turn OFF Enable Joomla! content plugins so that the jevents modules work, but doing that stops the jreviews modules.

I am using basically the same components on four sites but on one the Kunena upgrade changed the web.config.txt file.

I am getting different errors across my sites but most are like this one =Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 232 bytes) in /public_html/libraries/joomla/database/table/asset.php on line 23

Any ideas

the ONLY site still working is the one using Kunena 2.0.3

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 8M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : yoububble | author: Youjoomla LLC | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 02-18-2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.4 | creationdate: 2013-01-18

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints 1.8.2 | CommunityBuilder 1.9 | UddeIM 2.9

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: Kunena Latest 2.0.4 | Kunena Stats 2.0.4

Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by xpatman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

You have somehting which consumme a lot of memory, so you can uninstall some plugins/modules/components or you try to increase the max execution memory.

You are using Kunena, with AlphaUserPoints, with Community Builder, UddeIm and K2 (?), so all these components are memory angry.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #3 by xpatman
The Question is WHY should I uninstall some plugins/modules/components to increase the max execution memory.

Would it not be better for Kunena to make a component that fits into a persons site

I was able to run AlphaUserPoints, Community Builder, UddeIm, K2, jreviews, jevents, Listbingo, Joomgallery and DJ Classifieds which all worked fine.

If I knew how I could increase the max execution memory BEFORE I upgraded the Kunena component then that may help

James
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by xpatman.

More
11 years 2 months ago #4 by Jiminimonka

xpatman wrote: The Question is WHY should I uninstall some plugins/modules/components to increase the max execution memory.

Would it not be better for Kunena to make a component that fits into a persons site

I was able to run AlphaUserPoints, Community Builder, UddeIm, K2, jreviews, jevents, Listbingo, Joomgallery and DJ Classifieds which all worked fine.

If I knew how I could increase the max execution memory BEFORE I upgraded the Kunena component then that may help

James

In the past whenever I had error such as yours, it was always to do with my hosts. Once I changed to a different host, the problems went away.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
11 years 2 months ago #5 by xpatman
Hi Jiminimonka

Great idea, spend more money on yet another hosting company.

I am on THREE now with five domains but again I ask WHY should I have to change.

I have been using the Kunena component ( Fireboard ) since 2006 but from a front end view it still does the same thing, OK a few improvements, but basically the same, write words + add photos.

It started on Joomla 1:0, then it had to run in legacy, then joomla 1:5 ( It still works on one site) another upgrade forced us to use Joomla 2:5 and we have to stop using 'paid for" templates.

We all like security updates but to increase the size/memory use of a component just to make IT work faster-better for the sake of losing other component is just crazy.

Finding a hosting company that has a php memory of 128mb (Mine are mostly 99mb), and has unlimited storage/ bandwidth, has a cpanal data-table upload size of 150MiB just so I can use the Kunena component does NOT make sense to me.

My two cents worth
Cheers

BTW Where is the other poster who needed a fix for this error ?

James
Attachments:

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #6 by coder4life
Hello xpatman,

Kunena has not drastically changed its codebase in these minor releases 2.0.x. Kunena runs on low memory shared hosts and there is no recent evidence of reported issues concerning a memory allocation issue.

The out of memory allocation could be something your host recently changed, it could be an outdated plugin that was not implemented very well by a third party developer, it could be the few big components you have running on your website (identifiable on your configuration report).

The Kunena version upgrade could very well be the problem also, however there is no immediate evidence it suggests it is the problem (considering you have other extensions that must coexist with Kunena that might have a large memory pool as well, and we cannot guess all compatibility issues external to the project). Remember if you have many modules (not only to Kunena Official Extensions) being referenced on the same page this contributes to the amount of memory allocation needed.

As to your problem I suggest backing up your site and trying to disable some components to see if you have issues when only Kunena is being used. Otherwise there is too much guesswork involved and we cannot effectively do much more to help you solve the issue.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by coder4life.

Time to create page: 0.519 seconds