Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question 2.0.2 => 2.0.3 upgrade fails. Site broken.

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #11 by mamakawama

sozzled wrote: If I understand correctly, the site is broken but not because of Kunena. If I have understood this correctly, you did not keep track of what versions of things you were using, you interrupted a FTP file transfer and your site is in a state of who-knows-what? Is that a fair summary of the situation?

No. Not a fair summary. The version of Joomla! was the latest version of 2.5.x. The latest. If I checked the Joomla! site I could tell you what the latest . version is of the 2.5 build.

No, I never interrupted a FTP file transfer. Zero errors there. It was just concurrent. I only mentioned that because I realized my backup likely contains the same issues that occurred during the Kunena update.

The site was working perfectly before I clicked the update link.

sozzled wrote: My advice is to restore your site from the backup you took before you first tried to install Kunena. It seems to us that the Joomla part of your site is in a bit of a tangle.

For your information, we do not have a PM facility on this site.

No tangles with Joomla, at least there weren't until I let Kunena update.
Thanks, I'll move on.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by mamakawama.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #12 by mamakawama

Jiminimonka wrote: If you are new to Joomla, then you should (and even if you are not new to Joomla too) install Akeeba Backup, which makes backup and restoring Joomla sites easy.

Yeah, I have Akeeba installed but since admin is also broken, that is of no use.

I'll just figure it out myself, thanks for trying to help.

More
11 years 4 months ago #13 by Robbie8
Hi mamakawama,
Its likely that your hosting provider may have a copy of your filesystems and backups of your database.

You could try asking them if they can help you restore to a time before the upgrade was attempted?

Rob
The following user(s) said Thank You: mamakawama

More
11 years 4 months ago #14 by mamakawama

Robbie8 wrote: Hi mamakawama,
Its likely that your hosting provider may have a copy of your filesystems and backups of your database.

You could try asking them if they can help you restore to a time before the upgrade was attempted?

Rob

Hi Rob,

I didn't have any automated backups running on this dev server. I'll just turn on verbose error reporting and work my way through repairing it.

Time to create page: 0.395 seconds