Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question 2.0.2 => 2.0.3 upgrade fails. Site broken.

More
11 years 4 months ago #1 by mamakawama
Clicked the update link, site gets broken. Nice.

jos-Error: Copy failed

JAdministrator -> dispatch() @ /usr/home/my_path/public_html/administrator/index.php:46
JComponentHelper :: renderComponent() @ /usr/home/my_path/public_html/administrator/includes/application.php:153
JComponentHelper :: executeComponent() @ /usr/home/my_path/public_html/libraries/joomla/application/component/helper.php:351
require_once() @ /usr/home/my_path/public_html/libraries/joomla/application/component/helper.php:383
JController -> execute() @ /usr/home/my_path/public_html/administrator/components/com_installer/installer.php:18
InstallerControllerUpdate -> update() @ /usr/home/my_path/public_html/libraries/joomla/application/component/controller.php:761
InstallerModelUpdate -> update() @ /usr/home/my_path/public_html/administrator/components/com_installer/controllers/update.php:31
InstallerModelUpdate -> install() @ /usr/home/my_path/public_html/administrator/components/com_installer/models/update.php:169
JInstaller -> update() @ /usr/home/my_path/public_html/administrator/components/com_installer/models/update.php:218
JInstallerFile -> update() @ /usr/home/my_path/public_html/libraries/joomla/installer/installer.php:661
JInstallerFile -> install() @ /usr/home/my_path/public_html/libraries/joomla/installer/adapters/file.php:378
JInstaller -> copyFiles() @ /usr/home/my_path/public_html/libraries/joomla/installer/adapters/file.php:182
JFolder :: copy() @ /usr/home/my_path/public_html/libraries/joomla/installer/installer.php:1616
JError :: raiseError() @ /usr/home/my_path/public_html/libraries/joomla/filesystem/folder.php:102
JError :: raise() @ /usr/home/my_path/public_html/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:251

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #2 by Jiminimonka
Unless you post a link to your website it is impossible to help.

Restore your backup and let someone take a look as there have been no incidents of upgrades from 2.0.2 to 2.0.3 crashing a website so it must be particular to your setup.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mamakawama

More
11 years 4 months ago #3 by mamakawama
thanks Jim. I'm unable to post a link to my site here. Can I PM it to you?

More
11 years 4 months ago #4 by Matias
I've never seen this error before -- in which Joomla version are you in?

By the traceback it looks like that the error happens in Joomla libraries. It also tells me that the error didn't happen when updating the component but a "file" type. Kunena has that type only in the language pack, did you try to update it?
The following user(s) said Thank You: mamakawama

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #5 by mamakawama
It's 2.5.x, sorry I don't remember which point version, I cannot access the admin panel to tell you, but it was the latest version. I had just FTP'ed the entire site to my local box to begin developing and learning Joomla so I could make some changes I wanted. I'm not sure even where to start to attempt to put the online version 'back.'

It's not in production, mostly a secondary site I have that I was planning on using for a prototype for redoing my other sites.

edit: I didn't check, but it is 'possible' that the FTP queue was still running when I hit the update link for Kunena. I didn't pay attention. I don't think that would affect anything, it's not like the queue is locked or anything.

Couldn't I just do a manual install of Kunena to rescue it? The forum is without content.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by mamakawama.

More
11 years 4 months ago #6 by Jiminimonka

mamakawama wrote: thanks Jim. I'm unable to post a link to my site here. Can I PM it to you?

The URL of your website?

Please read the FAQ.

More
11 years 4 months ago #7 by mamakawama

Jiminimonka wrote:

mamakawama wrote: thanks Jim. I'm unable to post a link to my site here. Can I PM it to you?

The URL of your website?

Yeah, I cannot publish my URL right now, unfortunately.

More
11 years 4 months ago #8 by Jiminimonka
If you are new to Joomla, then you should (and even if you are not new to Joomla too) install Akeeba Backup, which makes backup and restoring Joomla sites easy.

Please read the FAQ.

More
11 years 4 months ago #9 by sozzled
If I understand correctly, the site is broken but not because of Kunena. If I have understood this correctly, you did not keep track of what versions of things you were using, you interrupted a FTP file transfer and your site is in a state of who-knows-what? Is that a fair summary of the situation?

My advice is to restore your site from the backup you took before you first tried to install Kunena. It seems to us that the Joomla part of your site is in a bit of a tangle.

For your information, we do not have a PM facility on this site. You should read What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)? in the Wiki which may help you understand how you can provide "private" communication with the forum moderators here.

More
11 years 4 months ago #10 by Matias
If your site doesn't work, you can still find out what goes wrong by looking into the error logs just after visiting the broken page.

You can probably fix the issue, but in order to do that, you need to first know what is the error.

Time to create page: 0.396 seconds