Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Important From FB 1.0.5RC2 to Kunena 2.0.2

More
11 years 6 months ago #1 by hbf1000
Long life to Kunena.

Here is my actual FB Forum: www.liguebarato.com.br/reclame-aqui.html (Joomla 1.5.26)

Then, I upgraded to Joomla 2.5.6 using JUpgrade. I checked my database and the jos_fb tables are there.

Then, I installed Kunena. But the topics, categories, messages .. nothing was there. See here: www.liguebarato.com.br/jupgrade/forum/index.html

Also, I do not understand why after hiting the "Reclame Aqui" menu (where the forum is located) I go to another URL.

Anyway, did I miss any steps in the migration process ?

Tks
Herbert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

can-you put here please your Kunena report configuration settings ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
11 years 6 months ago #3 by hbf1000
Not sure what you mean. I went to Kunena and copied the content of menu Report Configuration SEttings. It is bellow:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : ja_purity_ii | author: JoomlArt.com | version: 2.5.2 | creationdate: June 2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.2 | creationdate: 2012-09-02

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.2 | 2012-09-02 [ Botschafter ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #4 by PortoBoy
I am interested in the same question too.
I recently migrated my site from J1.5 to 2.5. And it was success/except some modifications that i did to the template/.
Now i must migrate my old Fireboard 1.0.5RC2 to Kunena.
Is it possible to migrate directly to 2.0 or i must first migrate to 1.0 ?

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 8M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : themza_j25_08 | author: Themza Team | version: 1.0.2 | creationdate: 2008-09-11

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.2 | creationdate: 2012-09-02

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.2 | 2012-09-02 [ Botschafter ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by PortoBoy.

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #5 by xillibit
Kunena 2.0.2 take care of migration from any previous version and even from FB 1.0.5RC2. Just make a backup before the migration if something goes wrong.

Why your configuration report is mentionning Kunena 2.0.2 ?

Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by xillibit.

More
11 years 5 months ago #6 by PortoBoy
xillibit indeed i have installed Kunena 2.0.2 but i didn't get any categories or forum posts copied i just have the users ...
Im not sure but i tried that on the jUpgrade part of the site / the one that now is J2.5 / maybe if i try it on the root directory it will take the whole jos_fb_* i hope.

More
11 years 5 months ago #7 by xillibit
Else you can try to just copy the tables jps_fb_* and then launch kunena 2.0.2 installation...

More
11 years 5 months ago #8 by sozzled
You cannot run Fireboard under J! 2.5. I have not seen anywhere that you can take an existing Fireboard installation - which, as we know, is a J! 1.0 component (therefore you need J! 1.0 or J! 1.5 with legacy mode enabled to run it) - and upgrade to Kunena after you have migrated your site to J! 2.5. I could be wrong. Maybe it can be done that way but I haven't seen anyone report that this approach was successful.

My advice would be to convert from Fireboard to Kunena on your old J! 1.5 site and then copy the data and attachments across to your new site. You could do some things, now, with your old jos_* tables but this is really complicating things.

BTW, good luck using your themza_j25_08 template with J! 2.5 :lol:

More
11 years 5 months ago #9 by PortoBoy
xillibit i will try these methods after i finish with the J2.5 front-end.
sozzled if you have read everything you would have known that fireboard is on the J1.5 part of the site. So i can install Kunena 2.0.2 on J15 ?! if i can that would be great please answer.
"BTW, good luck using your themza_j25_08 template with J! 2.5"
Well it was themza_j15_08 but after reading some articles on migrating templates from 1.5 to 2.5 and successfully migrating it i changed the name of the template :d

More
11 years 5 months ago #10 by sozzled

PortoBoy wrote: So i can install Kunena 2.0.2 on J15

Yes. You have always been able to do that. See Kunena 2,0.2 Read Me

Time to create page: 0.580 seconds