Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question New installation failed: /includes/language error on line 116

More
11 years 6 months ago #1 by twisties34
Hi, I'm trying to get Kunena installed on a brand new Joomla installation. I've had four attempts so far without success. On the first attempt, everything seemed to be going right, it unpacked the first three files, so I left it and had a shower, when I came back there was an Adminstrator login screen for Joomla as I'd timed out. Filled in that form and checked out modules - nothing installed. So I tried to upload and install Kunena again and was faced with unpacking the first three files again. The screen flashed and an error appeared that there was a problem with the /includes/language pack.

This is a brand new Joomla installation, with default settings, no sample data included. I am still at the stage of creating the Joomla menu system.

Accessed the module manager system and tried Discover to see if I could unstall the module and there was nothing to discover. Logged into the system via FTP and deleted all files in all folders that had Kunena in the name, and tried to install yet again.

The installation will only unpack the first three files and then throw to a /includes/language error on line 116 error.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #2 by sozzled
I do not really understand the problem that you are having. Did you read K 2.0 Installation Guide ; this guide usually works if you follow the advice. Maybe there's something wrong with your Joomla installation or maybe your site does not meet the required K 2.0 Technical Requirements ?

What is the entire message "... /includes/language error on line 116"?

More
11 years 6 months ago #3 by xillibit
Hello,

I think a screenshot to see the issue will help because it's not very clear.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Time to create page: 0.555 seconds