Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Upgrade from K2.0 to K.2.0.1 SQL failed

More
11 years 9 months ago #21 by NickJWStone
Just Kunena, no further integration.

I had massive problems updating from 1.7.2 to 2.0. Ending up in a complete reinstall of the website (fresh joomla, fresh kunena 2.0). But I used the old (updated from 1.7.2 to 2.0.0) database. Was working until this new update.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #22 by 810
Can you add the kunena report here.

More
11 years 9 months ago #23 by NickJWStone
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 32M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : rt_clarion | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.0 | creationdate: February 10, 2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.1 | creationdate: 2012-07-07

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.1 | 2012-07-07 [ Balozi ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Content - Kunena Discuss 2.0.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 2.0.1 | Kunena Login 2.0.1

More
11 years 9 months ago #24 by 810
I see why avatars dont work. You have enabled. cb and jomsocial plugins.

disable both. then its good again.

Is your forum working now, except polls?

More
11 years 9 months ago #25 by NickJWStone
I disabled the plugins. I was not aware these where activated, as I don't use both at all.

The forum is working now, except for the old Poll. Didn't test all features at the moment.

Thanks for your quick support! :)

More
11 years 9 months ago #26 by Matias
If you don't have CB or JomSocial installed, those plug-ins should not affect on avatar. The only thing that changes avatars in your site is Gravatar integration.

So there must be a bug if those settings are affecting on shown avatars.

What exactly is happening and when? Can you run a small test for us to track down the issue as I was unable to reproduce it.

More
11 years 9 months ago #27 by NickJWStone
Hi Matias,

I think all the problems started with the upgrade from 1.7.2 to 2.0.0 that was the first time all the avatars were gone. I also started to have some javascript/Mootools conflict I didn't have before (I asked for some help on this forum on that part).

As I was pretty frustrated with these errors and as I was pointed to the standard 'javascript/mootools conflicts' WIKI I decided to do a complete reinstall of joomla, kunena 2.0.0 and all the components/plugins/modules that I used on the site. After this reinstall everything was working, so the conflict on javascript/mootools was from the update and not, as suggested, from the other modules/components/plugins.

I decided to use the 'old' database as I didn't want to loose the forum posts. Everything was working fine, till this next update. After the help of 810 I managed to get this working, although I felt uncomfortable with the database issues. So I decided to remove Kunena and the old database and do a complete reinstall of 2.0.1 and start the forum all over again. So reproduction on the live website is not possible anymore.

If it is of any use I can upload the old database from a back-up in a test environment?

More
11 years 9 months ago #28 by Matias
Thank you for sharing your story. We've tried our best to make everything as stable as possible, but as always, it looks like we still have some unintended issues coming from migrations to the new versions. I hope that this will be the last total rewrite we need to do and in the future the changes will be smaller and more frequent (thus making them more robust).

JavaScript issue was coming from a bug we had with the old templates and we later found out that you just needed to change your template after installation in order to fix it. That bug has been fixed since then, so it doesn't affect upgrades from K1.7.

Avatar issue is something that I need to fix -- can you enable integrations one by one if some of the integrations is broken in your environment (ignore gravatars, though)? Just remember to turn off the plugins after test. :)

What comes to SQL issue, I would love to find a reliable way to reproduce it. So yes, if you were kind enough to setup your backup and play with it a bit, it would be great help for the other users in the future.

More
11 years 6 months ago #29 by senes
Had the same problem.

How I solved this:
-> Deleted firstly all entries in kunena_poll_users to finish the installation.
-> Took kunena_poll_users from the backup.
-> Use a script which should make the same as
UPDATE #__kunena_polls_users AS a INNER JOIN #__kunena_topics AS t ON t.id=a.pollid LEFT JOIN #__kunena_polls AS p ON p.id=a.pollid SET a.pollid=t.poll_id WHERE t.poll_id>0 AND p.id IS NULL
and convert the table.

My code snippet:
Code:
$polls = query("SELECT t.id,u.pollid,t.poll_id,t.subject ". "FROM #__kunena_polls_users u, #__kunena_topics t ". "WHERE t.id = u.pollid ". "GROUP BY t.id ". "ORDER BY t.poll_id"); foreach($polls as $poll){ echo execute("UPDATE #__kunena_polls_users SET u.pollid=".$poll->poll_id." WHERE pollid=".$poll->pollid); }

After you have done this, there can be (like on my table) rows which have not been changed, these had a pollid > max(#__kunena_polls.id).

I checked the pollid of this in kunena_topics, but there were no entries. That means, this are entries of deleted topics, so I just used the following query to delete them:
Code:
DELETE FROM `#__kunena_polls_users` WHERE pollid > [insert max(#__kunena_polls.id) here.]

It's a little unprofessional but it should work, hope there is no mistake in my thinking.

Hope it helps you :)

Yours sincerely

Time to create page: 0.571 seconds