Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Kunena 2.0 installation freezes on XAMPP 1.7.7

More
11 years 9 months ago #1 by Wild Duck
Hello all

My case is very similar to this one:
www.kunena.org/forum/K-2-0-Installation-...freezes?limitstart=0

I´m restoring my website in a local test environment with XAMPP 1.7.7 before trying to upgrade to K 2.0.0
I upgraded my site succesfully to K 1.7.2 and Joomla 2.5.6. From there I tried to upgrade to K 2.0.0 but when the upgrade process reaches to this:

The update progress seems to stop.

The only way to go forward is clicking "next".
The next pictures are the progress clicking "next" after about one hour:

This is the last update progress:

After that no more progress.

What can be going wrong?

thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #2 by Linus
Describes not only similar but exactly the same issues I had (I posted the topic you referred to).

Though, it did work on my Xampp environment
(Xampp for Windows 1.7.3)
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Linus.

More
11 years 9 months ago #3 by Wild Duck
You got it working on XAMPP 1.7.3?

then I´m thinking uninstall 1.7.7 version and try to do upgrade with 1.7.3...

I´m going to compare the specs of both versions, and with my livesite server... to be sure its the correct version...

Anyway, probably I´ll wait to the next version of K 2.0.1 to upgrade the live site.

More
11 years 9 months ago #4 by sozzled

More
11 years 9 months ago #5 by Wild Duck
Ok, now I know you don´t give support to WAMPP XAMPP localhost installations, even if all the previous installations, upgrades and test of joomla/kunena were successful, until this version.

All I wanted was to test te upgrade before do it in my livesite, to make sure everything goes well.
Anyway, I tested the upgrade with XAMPP v 1.7.3 with the same results...

I think I´ll wait to the release of K 2.0.1 and then try to upgrade directly in livesite.
Something tells me that I´ll be back here by this point... ;) hope I´m wrong

Thank you for yout answers, Linus & Sozzled.

See you soon B)

More
11 years 9 months ago #6 by sozzled

Wild Duck wrote: Ok, now I know you don´t give support to WAMPP XAMPP localhost installations

Who is "we"? This is a communty-driven self-help forum for Kunena. It is not a self-help forum for questions about XAMPP. We are not suggesting that Kunena will not work on PC-hosted websites; we are only saying that, because we cannot see your site then we cannot give people who use PC-hosted websites the same kind of help we can give to people who have problems on real (internet-accessible) websites. That's the message we are trying to get across to you.

Joomla will run on XAMPP (or other PC-hosted or intranet) sites. By extension, Kunena will work on those sites, too. It doesn't matter if we are talking about K 2.0.0 or any other version of Kunena. The same advice holds true.

I hope that clarifies any misunderstanding that you may have about the support that we try to offer and the support that we are capable of offering to people who use PC-hosted or intranet sites where none of us has direct access to see what is going on there.

More
11 years 9 months ago #7 by Wild Duck
OOps! ok ok!! I misunderstood you! sorry!

Anyway, if this error (kunena upgrade ;) ) occurs when upgrading in my livesite I´ll be back here...

Hope you can help me then...

regards

More
11 years 9 months ago #8 by sozzled
Good luck. Make sure you do a backup first (before you try the upgrade) - see K 2.0 Upgrade Guide and, most importantly the release notes for the specific version of Kunena.

This topic (relating to XAMPP 1.7.7) will not apply in those circumstances. If you have problems with a stalled upgrade, please start a new topic.

*** Topic closed and archived ***
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wild Duck

Time to create page: 1.161 seconds