Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Latest Kunena upgrade is buggy

More
11 years 9 months ago #1 by Vanessa13
Hi there,

I hope this is the right place to post this.

We recently installed the latest Kunena update, and it's caused so many bugs and problems that we can't fix that we now have to restore our entire website to an earlier version, just before the upgrade, as the bugs don't seem to be fixable.

The version we were using was 172 (that's what we're restoring back to) and we upgraded to 2.0. (which is what caused all these problems).

I'm posting this as I see it's an issue that needs to be addressed and I'm sure we're not the only ones experiencing these problems. Also, though we're restoring the site to the earlier version, we do still do regular updates, so this is a problem even though we've 'fixed it' by getting rid of the buggy new version, because we want it updated.

The problems after the upgrade include:

- users no longer have access to edit their forum profiles

- forum posts are now left as unread even after reading, and even if you're the one who posted that 'unread post', which makes it easy to miss things you haven't read that you might have wanted to read.

- forum post settings were changed by the upgrade, and along with that, each time you post a reply on a thread, it jumps you to somewhere in the middle of the thread, which is incredibly confusing

- moderators' moderator status (just under the username) on forum posts is appearing as coding, where it should just say 'moderator' - normal users and admin aren't affected by this; just moderators.

- some posts are posting blank, even though it technically shouldn't allow blank posts. If you edit that post, the text is sometimes there, sometimes not.

- emailed notification links now lead to the home page instead of the post in question

- when people click 'like' on the Facebook link on our home page, it pulls up some random social media message instead of just showing your FB username as having liked that page, as it usually does

- the upgrade changed our poll settings to allow a lesser amount of choices, which in turn just deleted my entire poll options, along with all the votes, which was really annoying, as I need those for work and most people won't bother voting again.

- since the upgrade, I can no longer log in from the home page, only from the forum

- since the upgrade, random links appear in random posts - users did not add these links (some of them were on my posts, and I definitely don't include spammy links in my posts)

We also upgraded all the plugins, so it's not a compatability problem.

I spent my entire day on Saturday just gone past trying to fix these new bugs, but to no avail. The option to have posts marked as read, for example, just doesn't seem to be there. While I realise I might have just missed it, I think it's not very user friendly if, after all that time, I couldn't fix a single error. I'm stupid with these things, I admit, but after a whole day I should have been able to find at least one error and fix it. So, unless the fixes are in obscure places, as far as I can tell, it's just not possible to fix these new upgrade-caused bugs.

Are you aware of these issues yet?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #2 by Vanessa13
Sorry, I just remembered another problem. In the old version, you could set the forum permissions to allow guests to post, but those posts couldn't be moderated. In the new version, there's an option to moderate guest posts, but it doesn't work.

More
11 years 9 months ago #3 by John
Replied by John on topic Latest Kunena upgrade is buggy
Sorry to hear your upgrade didn't work out as you have hoped.

Don't shoot the messenger but before doing any upgrade/update on any part of your site it is wise to test the effects before trying them on your live site (if your hosting has no room for testing you could make a local version of your site on your PC using WAMP).

How do you want the developers to help fix the bugs you found when your site is back to the old version? This website you are looking at now is running Kunena 2.0. None of the problems you encountered are visible on this site.

More
11 years 9 months ago #4 by Matias
Kunena 2.0 is total rewrite and in my opinion there have been surprisingly small amount of new issues in it this far. We are preparing for Kunena 2.0.1 release which will fix most of the identified bugs.

Some of your issues look like you are using a SEF component -- there are no SEF components at this moment which are supporting Kunena 2.0.

1) not being to able to edit forum profiles sounds like SEF issue, but can you open up and tell us what exactly happens?

2) Forum posts being unread: can you copy/paste the first textarea from this URL: /administrator/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=install&layout=schema

3) Reply jumps to wrong location: this issue is related to issue 2.

4) User status has COM_KUNENA_MODERATOR in it? That is missing language string (which language are you using?). Please disable debug mode to see it in English.

5) Can you give examples of blank posts (what you see inside editor)?

6) Links in emails: sounds like SEF support issue again

7) Facebook has nothing to do with Kunena, but maybe it needs to be updated for Kunena 2.0?

8) Upgrade isn't touching saved data on polls, so they should remain the same. Maximum number of options should be configurable.

9) Login shouldn't be affected unless you use Kunena Login module. Do you?

10) Random links -- I've never seen anything like that. Can you show it to us?

Most of these issues were new to us and there have been no similar reports. So there might be something in your system that you have overlooked.

Time to create page: 0.349 seconds