Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Upgrade freezes

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #1 by Linus
Upgrade freezes was created by Linus
Hi,

"Info: It is only seemingly frozen and ist still upgrading - but reeeeally slowly (1h so far)"

I am currently updating Kunena from 1.72 to 2.0.0 on Joomla 2.54 and the upgrade-progress froze after "Migriere Konfigurations-Optionen zu K2.0.0 Schema" (German)( which would be something like "migrating configuration settings to k2.0.0 scheme")

After patiently waiting for 10 minutes I clicked on "weiter" (next) and I noticed that another step was made, so I decided to stay patient. It's now been about one hour and the upgrade process ist still not completed. Any ideas why that is?

status: 1 hour to get to "Forumstatistiken werden gezählt" (calculating forum statistics)
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Linus.
The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 9 months ago #2 by Linus
Replied by Linus on topic Upgrade freezes
Before it slowed down it says: "Aktualisiere 1 Menüerweiterungen ... FAILED" (Updating 1 menuextension)
More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #3 by coder4life
Replied by coder4life on topic Upgrade freezes
If you are using a different language for Joomla install, please translate to English the error messages. Also please include your configuration report.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by coder4life.
More
11 years 9 months ago #4 by Linus
I already included the approximate translations in brackets behind the copied text.

Ok,I will post the configuration report once the upgrading process is finished or has failed entirely (I hope it does finish at some point) - If I'd do it right now I'd loose my progress so far (1,5h).
More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #5 by coder4life
@Linus, oh thanks, did not see it. I start reading 30+ topics and text starts to blend together :D.

The upgrade process should take no more than a few minutes. I suspect something is stuck in the upgrade process. Is there a status about where you are at? Is it possible to post a screenshot?
More
11 years 9 months ago #6 by Linus
ah, no worries - didn't even expect anyone to reply that fast ;)

Nothing has changed so far. it's still on the statistics. I included a screenshot.

I already restarted the process two times (2h ago), when I thought it froze. But that obviously didn't help.
Attachments:
More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #7 by coder4life
Does it allow you to proceed the installation through the next button? Not sure why the recount is the one thing failing.
More
11 years 9 months ago #8 by Linus
No.

I used next several times to test that.
Pressing "next" usually doesn't do anything for me. Sometimes pressing it seems to refresh the update status and shows me the next step as completed.
More
11 years 9 months ago #9 by Linus
So, the update didn't work. A clean installation worked out alright, but now I get a
"500 Internal Server Error
Fatal Error was detected!

Fatal Error: Cannot pass parameter 2 by reference in components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.file.class.1.6.php on line 60"

I have tried to solve this, as I need to get the forum back online with all categories and entries first.
So I'll just use my backup for that.

But I got the configuration report of the clean installation here:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 320 seconds | Max execution memory: 400M | Max file upload: 10M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : allrounder-j1.6 | author: Juergen Koller | version: 1.3 | creationdate: Apr 2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.0 | creationdate: 2012-06-27

Kunena version detailled: Kunena 2.0.0 | 2012-06-27 [ Diplomatia ]
| Kunena detailled configuration:

| Joomla! detailled language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.8.1 | UddeIM 2.7

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

More
11 years 9 months ago #10 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Upgrade freezes
Can you remove your Kunena related menu items and try upgrade again?

Another issue is a knonw bug, fixed in www.kunena.org/forum/K-2-0-Support/12348...s-1-6-php-on-line-60
Time to create page: 0.414 seconds