Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Transfer content from K 1.7.2 to 2.0

More
11 years 9 months ago #1 by degard
Hi,

I recently configured a kunena forum in version 1.7.2 under J 1.5.25 with many categories and posts.

Now I created a fresh J 2.5 and installed J 2.0.

Question: Can I transfer the former content through importing the db-tables in the new db?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #2 by coder4life
@degard Before you do anything, make sure you backup you site. I would recommend you upgrade you Joomla 1.5 version to the latest version Joomla 1.5.26. I would then update Kunena 1.7.2 to the 2.0 version. For Kunena 2.0 the same tables exist in J1.5 and J2.5. For migrating Joomla specific content (articles, banners, weblinks, ect.) this will require a third party tool Joomla JED . Please proceed at your own risk with these tools, Kunena is not affiliated or endorses any of these tools. Some are more buggy than others. As a reminder again backup.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by coder4life.

More
11 years 8 months ago #3 by stephenramsden
so, do I understand that Kunena 2.0 can use the Kunena 1.7.3 tables without alteration or upgrading them? ie, if you just copy them over to your K2.0 install from your working K1.7.x install?

More
11 years 8 months ago #4 by Jiminimonka
No, you need to update your Kunena 1.7.3 to Kunena 2.0.1 using the K2.0.1 installation package.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
11 years 6 months ago #5 by webrocky
Before upgrading just you need to back-up your important data successfully And after that you can upgrade your version. It is always recommended that before upgrading or downgrading you should must back-up your important data. Because at the time of upgrading your important data will surely delete. Anyway i always back-up my personal and important data after my work. And it is very much important.

Time to create page: 0.402 seconds