Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Upgrade Error Uncompressing com_kunena-media.zip

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #1 by jimmo
I've been trying to upgrade my forum to the latest 2.0 but I've rendered it temporarily unusable. I keep getting the following error:

Prepare Installation ... OK
Uncompressing com_kunena-admin.zip ... OK
Uncompressing com_kunena-site.zip ... OK
Uncompressing com_kunena-media.zip ... FAILED The file '/****/****/joomlapath/administrator/components/com_kunena/archive/com_kunena-media.zip' could not be uncompressed.

I was able to upgrade a different site running on the same server without any problems, I've played around with the directory permissions after referencing another thread suggesting the com_kunena and archive folder but no luck. Any help is greatly appreciated!

I was running kunena 1.7.2 and am joomla 2.5.6

thanks, 2.0 runs fantastic on my working site btw!
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by jimmo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #2 by Matias
Try to unzip and zip package again, then try if it works.

Also check directory permissions on media/kunena and tmp.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Matias.

More
11 years 9 months ago #3 by jimmo

Matias wrote: Try to unzip and zip package again, then try if it works.

Also check directory permissions on media/kunena and tmp.

I have tried that with no success, thanks for the reply. I have been able to temporarily revert back to 1.7 and the install seems to go fine but i get a joomla message "unable to write entry" if that helps pinpoint anything. I've had problems with this site in particular since moving servers a while back, i don't think the permissions are quite right now but unsure where to look.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #4 by Matias
Yeah, it's definitely file permission issue. Check above 2 folders..
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Matias.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jimmo

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #5 by jimmo
I changed the permissions on the media folder and also unzipped & rezipped the file com_kunena-media.zip and something made it work..lol.. thanks again!
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Change topic icon to "solved"

More
11 years 4 months ago #6 by bebo
Hello,
I've got same problem like jimo, but your solution doesn't work. I tried change permissions, unzip and compress media, but everytime same error.

Dou you have any solution?

More
11 years 4 months ago #7 by sozzled
Yes. If your problem is identical to the one mentioned in msg #1 of this topic, the solution is to read, very carefully, all of the information contained in K 2.0 Upgrade Guide . I do not know if your problem is the same as the one mentioned in msg #1 of this topic. When you wrote

bebo wrote:

I tried change permissions

What did you change the permissions to?

More
11 years 4 months ago #8 by bebo
Thanks for reply. I was read this topic manytimes.

I change permissions just like right of file and owner. Because always, if i tried to upload kunena, owner will be root not fragtime like any other folders.

And CHMOD is 775 - TMP and MEDIA/KUNENA

I tried unzip and compressed MEDIA.zip, but it doesn't work again :/

Maybe i'm doing something wrong, but i don't know what.

More
11 years 1 month ago #9 by multitwii
I have exactly the same problem and I got it whet I tried to upgrade Kunena 2.0.3 to 2.0.4

I checked permissions and tried to unpack and pack the com_kunena-media folder, but still nothing new, still having the same problem.

Bebo, did you got everything work?

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #10 by mlotziii
I have the same problem every time I try to upgrade. I simply used an FTP client to delete the com_kunena-media file from the server and the installer advanced without any problem.

It is the only way I was able to get the install complete for the past two upgrades. I tried to chmod the folders and change the owners and groups from within SSH and nothing solved the problem. Not even changing the folders and files to '777' worked.

I figured there are no new icons or buttons that I noticed so I just deleted the com_kunena-media file and never looked back.

Time to create page: 0.456 seconds