Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Important Problem upgrading from RC2

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #1 by NorfolkBroad
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 32M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : rt_fresco | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.0 | creationdate: June 1, 2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.0 | creationdate: 2012-06-27

Kunena version detailled: Kunena 2.0.0 | 2012-06-27 [ Diplomatia ]
| Kunena detailled configuration:

| Joomla! detailled language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Just tried to upgrade my J!2.5.6 site from RC2 to Stable version via Extension Manager but after the package had uploaded and decompressed successfully the installation stalled after clicking the green Upgrade from RC2 button and gave me a blank white screen with the message "No input file specified".

I tried refreshing the page but this had no effect, so I hit the back button which reloaded the page with the Upgrade and Remove buttons and a message that an incomplete install of the new version had been detected. I clicked the upgrade button again and once again got the blank screen. Refreshing this time did continue with the installation after a short delay and it completed successfully this time.

On browsing to the Kunena Control panel everything looked fine and the Kunena Update button showed I have the latest version. I then clicked on the Kunena Plugins button to see if there were any settings I needed to change or plugins to enable but this took me to a screen displaying the Kunena Forum – Live Update screen. All the other buttons on the Control Panel seem to link to the correct screen but it seems the link for the Plugins button is incorrect. The Plugins link on the sidebar works fine so I can access this feature via that route.

I reported the "No input file specified" message in a previous Test Report post in RC2 section as it previously occurred when editing a post I had made on the forum. I am unsure if this is a Joomla error or Kunena itself as I have only a very basic site set up so far and have not encountered the error elsewhere e.g. when editing an article or adding a module.

Just thought I would report these two issues in case you wanted to investigate them.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Fix topic subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #2 by coder4life
Thank you for the report. I will mark this topic for review.

More
11 years 9 months ago #3 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Problem upgrading from RC2
Yes, I'm going to investigate this. It seems that PHP doesn't catch always that the files have changed. Need to find a way to go around it.

Time to create page: 0.584 seconds