Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Kunena keeps reporting "Updates Available"

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #1 by vkuder
I recently upgraded all related Kunena extensions from 1.7.1 to 1.7.2. However Joomla keeps showing that "Updates are available" for all of those extensions.

If I "Purge Cache" the notice will just re-appear.

Report Configuration Settings...

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 16M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : allrounder-j1.6 | author: Juergen Koller | version: 1.2 | creationdate: Feb 2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Third-party components: UddeIm 2.6

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.7.2 | Kunena Discuss 1.7.2

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.2 | Kunena Stats 1.7.2 | Kunena Login 1.7.2 | Kunena Search 1.7.2

Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by vkuder.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #2 by PCC
I have the same thing happening here. Just upgraded to 2.0 and then to 2.0.1 and now it never stops telling me that an update for 2.0.1 is available.
I tried reinstalling, purging the cache...it keeps coming back, despite the fact that the Kunena Icon on Joomla 2.5.6 control panel shows that it is up to date.
How do we fix this?

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #3 by PCC
I'm pretty sure it's because the administration side isnt upgrading.
I find this in my components list;

I tried to uninstall the 1.7.2 listed here and then reinstalling Kunena 2.0.1 and all my avatar thumbnails disappeared. But it did get rid of the "available updates" notice.

I then restored everything from back ups and tried to upgrade from 1.7.2 to 2.0.1 using the extension manager and uploading the entire file instead of Kunena's Updater. It's still says 2.0.1 update available.

Database tab shows everything is up to date
How do we fix this?????
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by PCC.

More
11 years 9 months ago #4 by sozzled
What version of Kunena are you using now? What does your current configuration report show?

More
11 years 9 months ago #5 by PCC
When I was doing those things Sozzled, it showed that I was on ver 2.0.1
But it kept showing updates available, and the update was also ver 2.0.1

I have an update to all this, I've been playing with this for hours and here's what I did this time.
I went into Extension Manager >> Manage >> Components...and uninstalled both of these instances.
The one labeled "admin" version 1.7.2 turned into com-kunena and refused to UNinstall because the directory was removed during this UN-installation... go figure. :whistle:

The one labeled "site" version 2.0.1 UNinstalled fine.

Then I disabled the one labeled com-kunena that wouldnt UNinstall, and tried to reinstall everything via the "Extension Manager" Upload install...by uploading "com_kunena_v2.0.1_2012-07-07.zip"

This seems to have worked, as it tuned the com-kunena back into the Kunena Forum but now it doesnt show the Version for THAT as shown below in this component list.

It DID get rid of the "Updates Available" notice, the avatars are back, and it shows the install being ver 2.0.1

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #6 by sozzled
I want to be absolutely clear that I understand. We are discussing this, at the moment, in the context of the K 1.7 Installation and Upgrade category. If you are now using K 2.0 then I need to move this topic to a different category.

Can you please post here the configuration report of the site you were having problems with?
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 9 months ago #7 by PCC
I am currently using K 2.0.1...but the reason for my post is because of the errors created trying to upgrade from 1.7.X
If you need to move this, I understand.

Config report is as follows;

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 5M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : pcc25 | author: | version: 2.5 | creationdate: 2012-02-06

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.1 | creationdate: 2012-07-07

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.1 | 2012-07-07 [ Balozi ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: Jomsocial 2.6.2

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Time to create page: 0.609 seconds