Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Bug Trademe integrations instead of E-bay

More
10 years 8 months ago #1 by George3333
Hi There,

Here at the bottom of the world (New Zealand) we use an Auction website called Trademe, Not eBay like the rest of the world.

Just wondering if it's a major task to add trademe to Kunena?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
George,

You are asking this question in the K 2.0 General Questions category. My reply is set against that context.

K 2.0 is at end of life and there will be no enhancements made to that version.
The general answer to the question of adding new click-one-button-to-add-a-new-option-for-users features is that, yes, this is typically a "big deal". It's a sizeable task because not only is it necessary to obtain the API details that are required to write the integration between Kunena and things like Trademe (which, by the way, I haven't heard of), but also the solution (whatever it is) requires the enthusiasm of people to test the product before any new version containing this kind of enhancement is released into the public domain.

When we receive requests like these we also have to consider the overall benefit to the wider community. I am not dismissing this request out of hand. I am only trying to explain how a small development team like the Kunena team, with it's limited resources - in terms of manpower, finances and available time - is faced with difficult choices to make when assessing the priority of new development activities. I am not saying that this will not (or cannot) be done. I am only offering my personal observations in this particular case.
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 8 months ago #3 by George3333
Hi Sozzled,

Firstly i'm very surprised and disappointed to hear that my very closest neighbour (aussie mates like you) not knowing about the great kiwi invention trademe auction site... check it out at trademe.co.nz it's been rated the highest traffic site in NZ after google.

BTW i'm only assuming you're an aussie from your profile image!

Secondly, i do appreciate the hard work that goes into the developments of the Kunena by a devoted team without much resources but since I am no developer and thinking it wouldn't be a major task to replace eBay for Trademe clearly shows i have no idea how things work.

Not sure how big Kunena is in NZ but I personally believe its a great benefit to the NZ community if it was added to K3, i will post a topic on my forum and let you know of the stats.

Kia ora,
George

More
10 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled

George3333 wrote: I personally believe it's a great benefit to the NZ community if [Trademe] was added to K3 ...

As I wrote, my reply to you was set against the context of K 2.0, the category in which you posted your question. I should add you that there will be no features, like this one, added to K 3.0 and, further, the feature set for K 3.1 has similarly been set in place (see What is Kunena? and Kunena Features in the Wiki).

Our main problem with this particular feature request is that we require someone to obtain the API information that is needed to incorporate a Trademe button for the Kunena BBcode parser. If someone has this information then the task of programming such a feature becomes feasible. Without this information, the feasibility is unknown - I would even go so far as to say that the task is infeasible. Therefore on two counts (timing/priority and technical feasibility) this idea is unlikely to be progressed in the near future, I'm sorry to say.

What you could do, if this is important enough and there's some business benefit to you, is seek the help of a freelance programmer (e.g. contact Joomlancers ) and get a quote for how much it would cost to make this modification for you.

Lastly, I'm definitely your neighbour from across "the ditch" and "kia ora" right back at you, mate. :). (I was in NZ a few months ago and I'm likely to be over there again some time in the latter half of next year.)

Time to create page: 0.813 seconds