Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Question Automatic Subscriptions Kunena plugin acting strangely

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #1 by OpenEyesAndEars
I'm experiencing a variety of issues with the subscriptions feature in my Kunena forum (v2.0.4)

I first began noticing issues when the Automatic Subscriptions Kunena plug-in( extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...rum-extensions/22778 ) I installed wouldn't automatically assign new users subscriptions to my Announcements category, despite the tinkering and different settings I tried on it.

Then I noticed when, as a test user, when I did subscribe to a particular topic (despite the notification emails being sent) then checked in the backend to see what was listed underneath Topic Subscriptions, nothing was shown. (See screenshot)Not "No Topic Subscribed" like in categories, but nothing, white-screen.

I am desperately trying to find a solution because I really need to find an answer to this in a timely manner. Any help or direction as to what's happening would be very much so appreciated. Thanks!

Best,
Brad

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 10M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : inspire | author: Joomlabamboo | version: 1.2.1 | creationdate: 01 January 2013

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.4 | creationdate: 2013-01-18

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.9

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 2.0.4 | Content - Kunena Discuss 2.0.4

Modules: Kunena Latest 2.0.4

Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by OpenEyesAndEars.
The topic has been locked.
More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
The "automatic subscriptions" plugin that you mentioned in your question was not designed, developed, endorsed, inside or supported by the Kunena team. If you have a problem with that product, please talk to the person who developed it.
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by sozzled.
More
10 years 8 months ago #3 by OpenEyesAndEars
Understood. I believe that plug-in isn't working however because of an issue I'm having with something I've done with/ need to correct in Kunena.

"ASK" was only my first indicator. The whites space shown underneath "Topic Subscriptions" has nothing to do with "ASK" as far as I can tell.

Not sure if its directly related (and it may just be a failure of interaction between Community Builder and Kunena, if so, apologies) but this too is occurring and is an indicator of some internal functioning of my Kunena going awry.

As you can see on the member's post he is listed as a Fresh Boarder, but on his profile he is listed with the Forum Ranking of Administrator. This is happening with every new member registering.

Boarder: 4qf.org/forum/wickerman/14-first-d/33#33
Admin: 4qf.org/profile-view/userprofile/tommangano

Thank you for your time.
More
10 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
I'm sorry. I thought we were discussing problems relating to some plugin that was designed by someone who is not affiliated with the Kunena project. Are we still discussing problems relating to the "ASK" plugin?
More
10 years 8 months ago #5 by OpenEyesAndEars
Nope. I have no questions whatsoever concerning ASK.

The issues I am having are concerning aspects of Kunena:
Topics subscribed to are not showing under User Manager--> "Topic Subscription".
&
New Users are being shown as Administrator Forum Ranking in their User profile, when they shouldn't be.
&
If you have any information regarding how to manually perform subscriptions to users from the backend that would be immensely helpful.
More
10 years 8 months ago #6 by sozzled

OpenEyesAndEars wrote: Nope. I have no questions whatsoever concerning ASK.

Good. This topic can now be closed because we have no information that can help you if ASK has made changes to your database in ways that may affect subscriptions. We prefer when we remain on-topic; that is, one topic for each specific question that you may have. As far as your other questions concerning all new users being registered as administrators, that's how you have defined the rule in Global Settings. We've talked many questions on that subject. See our Miscellaneous, off-topic and general Joomla category.

My advice is to uninstall ASK and hope that your subscription problems are fixed.

If you have other questions, not concerning issues caused by ASK, please don't hesitate to start a new topic for them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OpenEyesAndEars
More
10 years 8 months ago #7 by Matias
One quick note: maybe the plugin isn't adding topic subscriptions but category subscriptions? They are different and the later wouldn't show up in the topic subscriptions.
Time to create page: 0.425 seconds