Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Question Kunena adds a few words in the title. SEO Problem

More
10 years 11 months ago #1 by mychatta
Hi, I installed the 2.4 version of Kunena, I have a problem SEO, in any topic that I create, Kunena adds a few words in the title of the discussion that I can not delete.

Videochat gratis senza registrazione , gratuita e italiana.

www.mychatta.net/
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #2 by Shimei
I can't seem to find the thread where another user contributed this. However, go to: components/com_kunena/views/topic/view.html.php

Find this code:
Code:
$title = JText::sprintf('COM_KUNENA_VIEW_TOPICS_DEFAULT', $this->topic->subject) . " ({$page}/{$pages})";

Change it to:
Code:
$title = JText::sprintf($this->topic->subject) . " ({$page}/{$pages}) -";

This also removes the "topic:" language from topic titles completely, and the subject title is first now, and adds a "-" to separate it from the main forum title at the end of the title. Remove the "-" at the end to delete the separator.

Hope this helps!
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Shimei.

More
10 years 11 months ago #3 by mychatta
Sorry, can you tell me where i find that ? in which file are that code? ?

www.mychatta.net/

More
10 years 11 months ago #4 by Shimei

mychatta wrote: Sorry, can you tell me where i find that ? in which file are that code? ?

Go to: components/com_kunena/views/topic/view.html.php

And I found the original thread located here: www.kunena.org/forum/K-2-0-General-Quest...itle?start=50#141422
The following user(s) said Thank You: mychatta

More
10 years 11 months ago #5 by mychatta
Thanks now I try it, congratulations for the template of the forum on your site . :D

www.mychatta.net/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shimei

More
10 years 11 months ago #6 by Matias
I recommend not to remove page count from the title as Google starts to complain about having pages with the same titles. Each page in your site needs individual title and adding page number was the easiest way to do it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChaosHead

Time to create page: 0.381 seconds