Kunena 5.2.5 and Blue eagle 1.6.5 released (30 May 2021)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.2.5 [K 5.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.2 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.2.5

REQUIREMENTS
Blue Eagle 1.6.x requires Kunena 5.2.x to work with, this template isn't designed to works with Bootstrap 3 and Bootstrap 4.

× If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Question How to do enter to the topic for certain gender (male or female)?

More
8 years 2 months ago #1 by liamnoel
How to do enter to the topic for certain gender (male or female)? :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, liamnoel, and welcome to Kunena.

Do you want to know how to setup your forum so that certain topics can only be accessed by male members and other topics can only be accessed by female members? Is that your question? :dry:
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
8 years 2 months ago #3 by liamnoel
Yes, this is my question.

More
8 years 2 months ago #4 by sozzled
You should create two categories: one category for men and the other category for women.

See Simple forum setup instructions

Soes that answer your question?

More
8 years 2 months ago #5 by liamnoel
Dont work. I want to allow users to specify when registering male could come only in male threads

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #6 by sozzled
Yes or no, please: have you created forum categories, as I suggested, something like this:

• Male category
  • Female category

More
8 years 2 months ago #7 by liamnoel

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #8 by sozzled
Good! :)

If you want to restrict male members to only be able to use the male category (and the same for female members) then the issue becomes a little more complicated. The total solution is in five parts.

(1) The first part is to define categories for "male" topics and for "female" topics. This part is done with Kunena. You have done this part. :)

(2) The second part is to find a way to ask the question, when users register at your site, if they are male or female. This part is not done with Kunena. This part is done with Joomla. Do you have a way of asking, when users register new accounts at your site, if they are male or female? Please understand that Kunena is not responsible for user registration. See this topic to help you: How do I register new users to my website and where should they login to use my website?

(3) The third part is to define, using Joomla ACL, user groups for "male" and "female". ;)

(4)The fourth part is to use the information in (2) above, and to automatically assign the access permissions in (3) above, based on the answer that people gave. Again, this is something that is not controlled by Kunena. There may be a Joomla extension that you can use to say "If the person is male then give them 'male' access permissions; if the person is female then give them 'female' access permissions". I do not know of a Joomla extension that does this automatically, but it should be possible to do. This function does not exist in Kunena. :unsure:

(5) The last part is to assign "male" access permissions to the Kunena "male" category that you defined in (1) and do a similar thing for the "female" category. This part is done with Kunena. :)

If there is no automatic way of using information obtained at registration time - and I don't think there is - then you can assign the permissions in (3) to each account, one by one.

Does this information help you?
The following user(s) said Thank You: liamnoel

More
8 years 2 months ago #9 by liamnoel

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds