Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Idea Joomla forum button not highlighted.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #1 by robertbseattle
Not sure which forum to post this in but here it goes...

Basically when in Joomla I am using my main menu I click on DISCUSS menu item to load the Kenuna page and it works. BUT the button on my Joomla main menu that corresponds to the DISCUSS isn't highlighted to indicate that I'm on that page.

In contrast when I land on any other page that button is highlighted to notify the user where they're at. But not for Kenuna : /

Searched the forums and didn't come across any answers.
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by robertbseattle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #2 by robertbseattle
OK I think I'm on to something.

When I hover over the menu item I notice it point to:
mysite/index.php/discuss

BUT when the page loads the site address bar is:
mysite/index.php/forum/index

I'm still learning but could this be part of it?

More
11 years 1 week ago #3 by sozzled

robertbseattle wrote: I am using my main menu I click on DISCUSS menu item to load the Kenuna page and it works. BUT the button on my Joomla main menu that corresponds to the DISCUSS isn't highlighted to indicate that I'm on that page.

I have not seen this "DISCUSS" menu item that you are referring to so I really don't know how to assist you.

What would assist you is to read our FAQs . My guess is that the problem arises because of how you've defined your "DISCUSS" menu item. Can you give us more information on these things?
The following user(s) said Thank You: robertbseattle

More
11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 1 week ago #4 by robertbseattle
Main menu > add new menu item...

Menu Item Type:
From the Kunena Forum list I select:
Home Page - build your menu under this page.

Default Menu Item:
I select Index from the dropdown menu.

Menu Title:
I name the menu DISCUSS

SAVE AND CLOSE
========

Now I go to my front end, click the DISCUSS menu item and the forum loads on the page, BUT it is not highlighted in the main menu bar. :blink: :side: :S (see attached)

Every other page I go to the menu is highlighted with a different color as my template specifies.
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 1 week ago by robertbseattle.

More
11 years 1 week ago #5 by Jiminimonka
I take it Discuss is what you have called your menu for Kunena forum.

This highlighting is a Joomla issue, not related to Kunena support. Please visit the Joomla.org support forums, and/or the Joomla template provider to see if they can assist with this.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
11 years 1 week ago #6 by sozzled
This is related to the use of Joomla alias menu types. We've covered this several hundred times in this forum. The answer actually isin the FAQspage. You can also find the necessary information in the Wiki if you search for "Customised menus".

the solution: make your "DISCUSS" menu item an alias menu. The Kunena menu items will then be highlighted correctly.

Time to create page: 0.528 seconds