Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Question How to use a category title as a link to another url?

More
11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 1 week ago #1 by Zunjin0809
Hallo guys and sorry for my bad English, but it's not my native language. :)

That's why I hope "category" was the right term, because in my language it would be called "forum" but what I mean are these parts of this Kunena forum which you see at the main page and are called "General Questions And How-Tos" "Installation Issues" or "Customising Kunena" ... clicking on these titles (links) -normally- brings you to a part of the forum where you can post threads about "Intstallation Issues" or "Generel Questions" like this one... that's what I would like to chance.

Now that all misunderstandings should be out of the way... i want to know: Can I and if so, how can I chance this, that clicking on the title would work like clicking on a "normal" link that brings you to another website, to the portal, to a video or what so ever? It's something I did before with another software and it would be great if Kunena would support this.

Here is an working example of what I wanna do on the Sony Online Entertainment forums for EverQuest 2 - forums.station.sony.com/eq2/index.php - just scroll down until you see the section: International ... which includes 3 "categories" - one for the German, one for the French and one for the Japanese boards ... if you know click on the title called "Deutschsprachige Foren" (which is the German board) it doesn't open a "normal" category where you can open threads - instead it works like a "normal" link and brings you to a new site - here the German boards - but it also had could been these Kunena boards here - for example... if you chanced the link behind the "titel".

That's what i did using my old vBulletin boards and would like to do with my new Kunena boards. Is this possible - with or without a workaround?

Thanks for the time reading this. :)
Last edit: 11 years 1 week ago by Zunjin0809.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.346 seconds