Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Question Securing Kunena

More
11 years 1 week ago #1 by Mechanic
Securing Kunena was created by Mechanic
Hi folks,

I am building a community site, the center of which I was hoping to be Kunena. It will be for registered users only. Now, when I go to the forum of my test site I see a bunch of 'Guest users' in 'Who's online' at the bottom of the board. It should be '0', as I have every menu item set to 'registered' and every Kunena Category set to 'registered'.

I even tried to set the forum to 'offline' and the site to 'offline', and guest users still show up. The question is why? Should I worry about this? It should really only say '1 registered user', as there is only one account on this totally locked-down site.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 week ago #2 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Securing Kunena
Hi,
The guests are bots. So they are indexing your site. We can't do anything about that. Its no security issue. Nobody can read the topics. You must be logged in.

Regards 810

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.343 seconds