Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Question Is possible replace default Kunena editor with CKEditor?

More
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #1 by t18ftw
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by sozzled. Reason: Corrected broken link

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #2 by sozzled
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #3 by t18ftw

sozzled wrote: Perhaps this topic may help you: [Merged topic] WYSIWYG editor for Kunena: How to allow HTML tags? :dry:

this topic has 4 years 1 month old.

i not need html tags, i need bbcode with swap editor bbcode - rich text. just that.

Please, anyone have idea how to replace the editor in the current version of kunena?
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by t18ftw.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #4 by sozzled
The topic , that you referred to (in your original message), was over 2 years old.

The topic that I referred to in my reply discusses many things - WYSIWYG editors, different editors (including being able to use the Joomla TinyMCE editor) - and, if my memory is correct, there are also one or two messages from people who want to use the CKEditor , too.

Yes, I agree, the topic [Merged topic] WYSIWYG editor for Kunena: How to allow HTML tags? does have messages about people who want to use HTML. But the topic also discusses alternative editors that some people want to use instead of the Kunena message editor.

I do not know if it's possible to make CKEditor work with Kunena. This is something that would be better discussed by contacting the developers of CKEditor.

I can tell you, however, that the method discussed in ckeditor, TinyMCE and any html editor for kunena. hoteditor (bbcode) integration in progess... will probably not work with K 2.0. The information in the topic that you referred to in your original post was very old and the people who contributed to that discussion 2 years ago have not kept the information up-to-date with the developments that have occurred in Kunena in the last 2 years. It is almost guaranteed that the information in ckeditor, TinyMCE and any html editor for kunena. hoteditor (bbcode) integration in progess... will not work at all.

I could have answered your question by saying that ckeditor, TinyMCE and any html editor for kunena. hoteditor (bbcode) integration in progess... is out-of-date or wrong.

You asked if we had any ideas about CKEditor. Perhaps a member of this community has some ideas about making CKEditor work with K 2.0. Perhaps the people who designed CKEditor have some ideas of their own. I do not know, sorry.

By the way, to produce "rich text" (as you call it) you need HTML or something to convert BBcode into HTML.

This is a direct quote from www.ckeditor.com :

What is CKEditor?

CKEditor is a ready-for-use HTML text editor designed to simplify web content creation. It's a WYSIWYG editor that brings common word processor features directly to your web pages. Enhance your website experience with our community maintained editor.

CKEditor is a HTML editor; it is not a BBcode editor.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #5 by t18ftw
But in their site, they have this demo.
ckeditor.com/demo#bbcode

it is not a bbcode-rich text editor?

I no need ckeditor for use ckeditor only, i need bbcode-rich text swap in editor.
You know, not create a topic with bbcode tags, just see direct rich text in my editor.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #6 by sozzled

t18ftw wrote: But in their site, they have this demo: ckeditor.com/demo#bbcode

Then talk with the people who designed and built CKEditor and ask them about how to make it work for Kunena.

... read [Merged topic] WYSIWYG editor for Kunena: How to allow HTML tags? for some ideas that may have been written about CKEditor ...

... or wait for another member of the community who may have some better ideas how to make CKEditor work for K 2.0 for you.

I do not have any other ideas for you. Sorry.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #7 by t18ftw
ok, thank you for your fast reply.

cheers.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #8 by t18ftw
up!

please i need help :(

i need a rich text editor

Time to create page: 0.580 seconds