Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Question How to not have the automatic 'Welcome to Kunena' after an update?

More
11 years 2 months ago #1 by MoonDragon
Hi,

I have made an update of kunena and one I have clicked on Kunena control panel, a new kunena installation has started and at the end there was a new thread in the forum front end which is the classic 'Welcome to Kunena' subject.

Also, I would like to know how to avoid this last post or any kunena sample data to be auto-posted in my forum at the next update of the component.

Thanks in advance for your help,

MoonDragon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #3 by MoonDragon
As previously explained : I do not want all times i make an update to have to delete the topic.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by MoonDragon.

More
11 years 2 months ago #4 by sozzled
The topic is only created once, each time you install Kunena new (usually on a different website). This topic is not created if you upgrade an existing version of Kunena. The topic is only created on a new installation. There is not, at this time, a way to eliminate creating this topic.

It takes one mouse-click to remove the topic. Please understand that it's easier to remove the topic than it is to rewrite the software to ask the question "Do you want to install the sample data?" instead.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #5 by MoonDragon

sozzled wrote: This topic is not created if you upgrade an existing version of Kunena.

Unfortunately that was my case today after I have upgraded to kunena 2.0.4 and forum tabs menu I had translated in french has been removed to their original versions (english).

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #6 by sozzled
I have performed over 500 updates of Kunena (including updating this website here at www.kunena.org ) and, in none of those upgrades have I ever seen a new "Welcome to Kunena" topic created. I would like to see someone else confirm this report that, after they have removed the "Welcome to Kunena" topic from their forum, that a Kunena update somehow restored or added a new topic with the subject "Welcome to Kunena" as part of performing the upgrade.

I'm sorry but I have never heard of this kind of situation occurring before.

Can someone else please confirm MoonDragon's story? :dry: .
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #7 by MoonDragon

sozzled wrote: Can someone else please confirm MoonDragon's story? :dry: .

That can seems strange but that was true : the source of this matter was sh404sef.

Time to create page: 0.490 seconds