Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Question Closed Category

More
11 years 2 months ago #1 by AsCh
Closed Category was created by AsCh
Hello,
Thank you for your help.
I would like to set a category that will be visible for all but enabled only for a specific User Groups Allowed To Post. I also would like this user group not to be allowed to post on the rest of the forum.
For some reason this user group gets the following error message when trying to post on the specific category:
CAPTCHA is not properly configured (public key is missing). Please contact site administrator!

and thus not able to post.
I have the latest version of kunena and also restored to default settings.
I wonder if you support or clarify what might be the solution.
Thank you,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Closed Category
You have two questions here. Which one do you want answered?

1) How to allow only certain user groups to post and/or view categories; or
2) Why you are getting messages about CAPTCHA?

AsCh wrote:

I have the latest version of kunena and also restored to default settings.

It is better to post your configuration report and then we can see what version(s) of software you are using and what your configuration settings are.

More
11 years 1 month ago #3 by AsCh
Replied by AsCh on topic Closed Category
Hello and thanks for your responses.
I can start with question 1: How to allow only certain user groups to post and/or view categories?
I am using Joomla 2.5.8 and Kunena 2.0.4.
Thank you,

More
11 years 1 month ago #4 by yuzef
Replied by yuzef on topic Closed Category

AsCh wrote: Hello,
Thank you for your help.
I would like to set a category that will be visible for all but enabled only for a specific User Groups Allowed To Post. I also would like this user group not to be allowed to post on the rest of the forum.

There third party plugin for this task can do. (I think) you can give it try.
Ps: as long as this plugin is coming from third party for any further information and discuss should go to the plugin developer:
Plugin Name : Write Control for Kunena (WCK)

Love Simplicty
read...... and learn........

My Joomla Test Site

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #5 by sozzled

AsCh wrote: How to allow only certain user groups to post and/or view categories?

This is easily done using the Kunena Category Manager and setting permissions for each category. We use the standard K 2.0.4 here, with a standard J! 2.5.8 installation, as we do not need any additional extensions to control who can view certain categories who who can post in certain categories. The answer may depend on how finely-tuned you require controlling how different use groups can view and/or post within categories on your forum, but I would suggest that you start by looking at Simple forum setup instructions in the Wiki.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #6 by AsCh
Replied by AsCh on topic Closed Category
Hello and thank you for your reply.
I reviewed the link and will test it further.
Can you please also advise about:
2) Why you are getting messages about CAPTCHA?

Thank you
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by AsCh.

More
11 years 1 month ago #7 by sozzled
Against my better judgement and at the risk of this topic dragging on for another few weeks, for information about CAPTCHA please see www.kunena.org/docs/Using_CAPTCHA_spam_protection_in_Kunena

We prefer to discuss one subject for each topic in this forum.

Good luck with your testing. It should only take you about 5 or 10 minutes to work things out.

Time to create page: 0.378 seconds