Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Question Improving SEO - Duplicate Kunena URLs

More
11 years 3 months ago #1 by sunny33days
Hi, perhaps someone can help me.. I'm trying to improve my site's rankings, however one thing that comes up, is duplicate content in search engines (which is a big no-no for search rankings). It appears with Kunena, I have "multiple" urls indexes for the same topics, due to session ids I believe.

I'm guessing, it's because kunena needs to signify which post # in a thread or topic. Here is an example (note the part of the url after the .html):

www.site.com/forum/troubleshooting/16121...html?limit=8&start=8

Note the: ?limit=8&start=8 part after the .html. I'm guessing this is a session id? Any ideas on how to solve this and the duplicate content in search engines it causes?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #2 by Shimei
I ran into a similar issue, but what I had done to alleviate the problem was: MiJoSEF

The Pro version allows auto sitemap. I had installed and upgraded to a paid version -- Pro. This allowed me to custom filter the sitemap. There were three urls being spit out per thread in the sitemap, so I filtered urls with: edit, moderate, and delete. Now Google has a sitemap with only correct urls to index. While I hadn't a problem with the way urls were being conducted, the main issue I had was with the way Kunena and meta information was being published. This extension allowed me to take full control of Kunena threads along with Joomla! articles.

Hope that I understood you correctly.

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #3 by coder4life
The append in the URL is for parameter control for Kunena about what to display. I agree that display information should not be returned as a possible URL for SEO. We will further investigate the matter, I have created an issue on GitHub

GitHub Issue #1376

Please by mindful that issue may or may not be fixed in Kunena 2.x series. I will discuss with the development team about this issue.
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by coder4life.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sunny33days

More
11 years 2 months ago #4 by sunny33days
Thank you.. I appreciate you tackling this.. :).

More
11 years 4 days ago - 11 years 4 days ago #5 by coder4life
We are having issues replicating this issue. Is there a specific example you can provide. Also please post your configuration report so we can rule out any server or site configurations that might be creating this issue.
Last edit: 11 years 4 days ago by coder4life.

Time to create page: 0.448 seconds