Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Question Specific Permissions being ignored in Kunena

More
11 years 3 months ago #1 by Bobby_M
New user group created in joomla 2.5 as a daughter of registered. New subforum created in kunena with access set to group and ONLY the newly created group (both primary and secondary with daughter inherit set to no). First issue is that site admins can view the new subforum even though they are explicitly excluded in teh forum permission list.

Second.. registered users that are NOT in the new group can still see post info in the right hand column next to the parent forum. They can't click it to see the details, but we'd rather hide this.

Any idea what's going on?

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : beez_20 | author: Angie Radtke | version: 2.5.0 | creationdate: 25 November 2009

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.9

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

Please upgrade to Kunena 2.0.2 and re-try, Kunena 1.7.2 is outdated

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by xillibit.

More
11 years 3 months ago #3 by Bobby_M
I've upgraded to 2.03 (not without a little panic on losing my posts temporarily). However, I still have the issue. I think what's happening is that Joomla users with admin or superadmin are automatically be set to global moderators in kunena (not visibly selected as global mods in kunena's user menu though). Is this a known feature? If so, is there a workaround to disable it so that the only global mods are ones who are selected in Kunena?

Bottom line, admins and superadmins who are NOT in the usergroups selected for viewing or posting are still able to view and moderate those forums (but not post).

Time to create page: 0.426 seconds