Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Idea Browser page title or site name appears twice

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #1 by PCC
There are tons of users trying to figure out why the name of their site appears twice in the browser page title,on their Kunena forums.
The four page thread discussing it has now turned into meta tag discussions and had tons of threads merged with it making it the number one most confusing thread on this site.

To those of you having this double title problem, I dont think anyone understands what your actually asking, because no one is coming forward with the answer.

I'm here today in hopes that I can clear up any confusion and resolve the problem your having with the title appearing twice.

First of all, Kunena follows suit with Joomla. So if you have page titles set to show, they will show in Kunena also.
Which means your browser title probably looks like this when your on your forum.

The fix is real easy. You most likely have your forum named the same as your site and thats what gives you the double page title. Joomla shows it cause it's the name of your site, and Kunena shows it again cause you named your forum with the same name. But as long as Joomla shows it (show page titles) you dont have to name your forum like that. That's what's giving your browser the double title.

Here's where you fix that in Kunena Configuration. Take out the name of the site and just type in the word "Forum" or whatever you choose instead of the whole site name.

Now your browser will show the page title (which is the name of your site) along with whatever you entered there. Like this.

I hope that helps everyone. Have a Happy New Year ;)
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by PCC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.335 seconds