Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Question How to change my forum to a subfolder?

More
11 years 4 months ago #1 by LoriB
I need to move my forum to a subfolder in my site. I have moved the installation, but it is not showing up. Is there a file somewhere that I need to update?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled
What do you mean, exactly, "how to change my forum to a subfolder?" and why do you need to do this? :dry:

Kunena is a Joomla component. Kunena is installed just like any other Joomla component. This means that there are files created on your website that are moved into specific locations and this process is carried out by extracting files from the installation kit and placing them where Joomla expects them to be located. Kunena is not a free-standing web-based discussion forum product like SMF or phpBB, for example. With free-standing products like the ones I mentioned - that do not require Joomla to make them work - you can isolate these things entirely and place everything that is related to them into a subfolder on your website; it's not the same thing when we're discussing Kunena.

Perhaps you can explain what it is, exactly, that you want to achieve?

More
11 years 4 months ago #3 by fxstein
Lori,

Joomla components are not moved to specific subfolders outside the Joomla directory tree. However if you want to put the forum into a specific sub URL (like here at www.kunean.org/forum ) you need to manage this via the Joomla menu mamager. Assuming you have Joomla SEF enabled, you define the menu item and alias for a component. In our case we called it forum and Joomla SEF automatically maps Kunena to /forum. Looks like a subfolder, but has nothing todo with the file system sub folders.

Hope this helps!

Happy Holidays!

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: TwoHoot

Time to create page: 0.471 seconds